The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Nice Mustang Christmas Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This story had a happy ending even if it did take almost 30 years!

Woman reunited with Mustang stolen nearly 30 years ago
After 28 years, Salinas native Lynda Alsip gets her car back
Published 4:37 PM PST Dec 23, 2014

SALINAS, Calif. —A California woman was reunited with her classic Ford Mustang nearly 30 years after it was stolen, when a man tried to register the muscle car at a Department of Motor Vehicles office.

Lynda Alsip said she couldn't ask for a better Christmas present than the return of her forest-green 1967 Mustang.

"I never thought I would see it again," she said, standing in a Salinas tow yard next to her car. "It's like winning the lottery."

She bought the car for $800 in 1985 when she was 17 years old. About a year later, it was stolen outside her Salinas apartment complex.

Police say the vehicle was found at the Department of Motor Vehicles in Salinas in September when a man tried to register the car he had for 23 years. Authorities were investigating whether the man knew it was stolen.

"It had been out of the system for so long that it came back with no file," California Highway Patrol Officer Jaime Rios said. "The officer did some digging and found out the car was stolen in 1986 from Salinas."

Alsip, who now lives in the central California valley town of Hollister, plans to have some work done on the car then show off her original personalized license plate, "LYNDA67."

"It's absolutely amazing," said Alsip to KSBW, KCRA 3's content-sharing partner. "After 28 years, I never thought this would come back into my life."

http://www.kcra.com/news/woman-reunited-with-mustang-stolen-nearly-30-years-ago/30377202

mustang-sally-JPG-KSBW-jpg.jpg

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Grant 302 said:
Cool story...but I gotta wonder about the guy who didn't try to register it for 23 yrs. ::)
My 67 fastback has sat without plates for over 17 years... it sometimes just happens...(son turned 17 last month) but I can't imagine not having clear title to it for 23years... that is nuts... and fishy...

TMO Supporting Vendors