The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Nice Vid of the Boss From Behind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Found this on Youtube after Saturday's run. This guy was fast and one of the few cars that passed the Boss. Just watch the first lap, the second one is not pretty as I got a little squirly trying to stay out front (it didn't last :( ) It is one of the best vids of the Boss I have seen from another car.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiMf4WCOLcI[/youtube]

Looking good out there Scott. I'm glad you found a dry race track this week. ;)

Nice job Scott.
Although short, looks like a fun track.
I watched it the second time and was paying attention to the 'vette's digital speedo. I was thinking 'Holy Sh*t that is a fast track" and then I noticed it was in Kilometers. LOL ;D

Pretty cool. Looking pretty good, Scott. Not very often you get a chance to see yourself from that perspective. Makes me think it would be a good idea if guys with cameras get together and share lead/follow just to get videos of their driving from both perspectives.

Thanks guys, I have found other vids by searching key words on youtube a day or two after the event. I did a lead follow with a GT at Sebring and we swapped the vids. The nice thing about this vid is it was not lead follow but going all out to stay in front, you can see he followed my line right out of turn 5 hard and just clipped the grass as I barely avoided doing the same :D

Palm Beach is two miles long but it is just about as fast as Sebring in average speed. He also has MPH in his vid and looks like 144 for a top speed, I can get to 138 in the Boss. Many people put that track down since there are others to choose from but I enjoy running it. It was also nice to get the speed coming off the long straight, 140 to 40 MPH. The HP+ pads have been holding up well, I will be looking into something different, they never had any fade on any the tracks I have run but I need something with more of a life span. I may look into the pads Rocketman recommended.

I found myself having to grab the steering wheel to stay in the seat at times, so I am ready to "drop a set of Hoosiers" on a roll bar. I think I could do much better if I am planted in the seat.

I almost forgot what running in the dry was like ::) All in all a fun day!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Dean#4AI said:
I watched it the second time and was paying attention to the 'vette's digital speedo. I was thinking 'Holy Sh*t that is a fast track" and then I noticed it was in Kilometers. LOL ;D

Made the same mistake at first, thought WOW that is a fast track!

2012YellowBoss said:
Thanks guys, I have found other vids by searching key words on youtube a day or two after the event. I did a lead follow with a GT at Sebring and we swapped the vids. The nice thing about this vid is it was not lead follow but going all out to stay in front, you can see he followed my line right out of turn 5 hard and just clipped the grass as I barely avoided doing the same :D

Palm Beach is two miles long but it is just about as fast as Sebring in average speed. He also has MPH in his vid and looks like 144 for a top speed, I can get to 138 in the Boss. Many people put that track down since there are others to choose from but I enjoy running it. It was also nice to get the speed coming off the long straight, 140 to 40 MPH. The HP+ pads have been holding up well, I will be looking into something different, they never had any fade on any the tracks I have run but I need something with more of a life span. I may look into the pads Rocketman recommended.

I found myself having to grab the steering wheel to stay in the seat at times, so I am ready to "drop a set of Hoosiers" on a roll bar. I think I could do much better if I am planted in the seat.

I almost forgot what running in the dry was like ::) All in all a fun day!

You don't have to get a full roll bar, unless that's what you want. You can just get a harness bar and belts.

Harness bar at speedware motorsports for mustangs 05+ is $449

John, won't risk a roll over strapped upright in the seat. I love tracking but not willing to die for it :eek: Beside I lied, it's ordered - just back ordered. I will give you a call when it gets here, gonna need some help ;)

Being strapped into a Mustang for a 1/4 run is a world away from the road course. Miller spoiled me and knew it was just a matter of time before I would do this. I am throwing the 13 idea out for now and just modding this one, it has too much in it to stop now.

How did it go at Sebring :jealous: hope you had some good runs.

jas427

BOSS LS #469
Look its a bird its plane no its YellowBoss!!!!! :D . You better tie yourself in as fast as your pushing it now. If you can run those lap times on the street tires why change up, with all the different tracks to learn the street tires are cheap to tear up. You saw what the tires on my car looked like. The fronts take a beating. But the roll bar is a must. Sebring was dry for the first warm up yellow flag session. 1st green session didn't get the timer working it started to rain and the car went into limp mode it cleared before I got to the pits but it was raining. 3rd session didn't make 1 lap and it went into limp mode. Hope this not a sign of things to come. Mis fired # 4 changed coils checked plug OK started engine making a knocking noise. I think I hurt the valve train hitting the limiter to much. Fine out more tomorrow when I can check it further. I'll keep you posted. Still hope to make Daytona.

Oh crap, did not want to wake up read about the limp mode! I had hoped that the codes were still there but the limp mode stopped after I ran the red key. It is dangerous running limp at Sebring, nobody expects to come up on a four cylinder Boss out there. I have been hitting the rev limiter a lot more at PBIR, between 3 - 4 and 5 - 6. Hitting the rev limiter on several places at Sebring also without a being able to make a shift worthwhile.

I think the only answer is to change gears, might hurt a little getting up to speed on the long streaches but it would get us around these tracks track much faster. not so much at HMS

I gotta say I really like the NT05's, sizes are good and stick well when warmed up. I still get a little loose at times but it teaches me to be smoother on the gas and learn how much I can push it out of turns. I really found myself having to grab the wheel in 1 and 2 just to stay in the seat. The Recaro's are great but it will be nice to stay planted in them.

I hope you did no damage, putting TK aside these motors seem fairly bullet proof. Keep us informed on what happens. From what I read John, I would not run those Perellis at Daytona, scary.

TMO Supporting Vendors