The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Niki Lauda passes away!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sad news today that F1 great and hero to many for his courageous spirit, Niki Lauda has passed after succumbing to a recent illness. With some organ transplants in the past years he was always thankful to have made it this long, especially after surviving his horrible wreck that burned so much of his body during his racing career. One of my racing heroes and I am sure the same for many other on this site, the checkered flag has waved one last time at the finish line for Niki!

Very sad news. He was one of my favorite drivers as well. He only missed a few races after his horrific accident and he was back in the drivers seat. Truly a fierce competitor.

TMO Supporting Vendors