The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

nitrous kit installed!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alright guys i got my nitrous kit installed runs great! had no problems installing it. once i get done setting this purge kit up i will upload some videos of some runs and some pictures of the install. currently running a 75 shot and 1st gear wants no part of it. but it runs great and have no problems with it so far. i will update this soon.

20131022_210254_zpsa79aa96b.jpg
got the purge all hooked up and it looks awesome!

20131022_150248_zpsbfe986ed.jpg
here is the bottle all hooked up. overall the actual kit took about 6 hours to install. we took everything slow to make sure we did every thing correctly as we didnt want to blow up a 45000 car. but it all worked out runs perfect. hope to get a highway pull when i put the 100 shot on and i will make sure i upload it on here! let me know if you guys have any questions about the install.

BLAZN BOSS

The BIG question.......how much are you missing from your pocket?

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
Price, tuning requirements (?), system details/options (rev/window switch, etc.), please. And more driving impressions. ;D

So it cost 870 dollars total 750 for the kit then 120 for the purge kit I saved money installing it myself with my brother. For tuning I got a tune from bama all they did was adjust the timing 1 for every 25 hp. I don't currently have a window switch but will be getting one and will be setting it up to run at 3000-7300. But at the moment I have a TPS sensor that comes with the kit. It activates only at wide open throttle when you have the activation switch on. And yes this is the plate system from american muscle that is actually where I ordered mine from took only 2 days to get here. And with only a 75 shot in it is crazy how much of a difference it makes it will pin you back in your seat in 2nd gear and will just keep pulling in 3rd. I'm going to put the 100 shot in tomorrow and then once I get a stage colder spark plugs go up to 125 or 150.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I recommend a bottle heater kit or a nano kit to keep bottle pressure consistant. The nano kit will allow you to get every last drop of a bottle before you have to refill it.

Justin said:
I recommend a bottle heater kit or a nano kit to keep bottle pressure consistant. The nano kit will allow you to get every last drop of a bottle before you have to refill it.
This is on the list as well especially with the temperatures going down now. Looks like I gotta put in some more hours at mcdonalds to afford some extras

jfolsom28 said:
20131022_210254_zpsa79aa96b.jpg
got the purge all hooked up and it looks awesome!

20131022_150248_zpsbfe986ed.jpg
here is the bottle all hooked up. overall the actual kit took about 6 hours to install. we took everything slow to make sure we did every thing correctly as we didnt want to blow up a 45000 car. but it all worked out runs perfect. hope to get a highway pull when i put the 100 shot on and i will make sure i upload it on here! let me know if you guys have any questions about the install.
Dude that reminds me of a huge snorting white rhino! Very mean looking! Love it.

BLAZN BOSS

you also need a remote bottle opener..........worth its weight in gold

seca954 said:
Remote opener? Why would he ever close it? He just needs more and/or bigger bottles! That is awesome! My wife even liked the pic of it snorting.
If you keep it open all the time you'll lose nitrous over time. And its hard on the solenoids to be constantly under pressure. But I do leave it on if I'm just driving around town never know when your gonna need the juice!

TMO Supporting Vendors