The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

nitrous kit installed!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
jfolsom28 said:
that sounds like a fun day!
I was on deployment and my cousin was taking care of my 96 cobra while I was gone. he had accidently turned on the bottle heater unknown to him. he was out driving around when all of the sudden "boom" the back seats were blown down and the car was filled with nitrous. it blew off the burst disc and I didnt have a tube installed to vent to the outside of the car. scared the shiznit out of him and he said he got pretty high from the gas. sad part is it also burnt up the solenoids in my kit making it useless. the price to replace or repair them was nearly the cost of a new nitrous kit.

so dont leave your solenoids armed for extended periods of time as it will burn up the coils in them. also install a vent tube and dont arm your bottle warmer if the valve is closed.

I see on american muscle they list it as not fitting the boss intake. yet when you go to the nitrous express web site they show it on a boss intake and the video the show it on one as well and say it comes with adaptors to make it fit....american muscle is so clueless sometimes.

this is awesome! I'm glad to know the install wasn't too hard. I was going to do this but decided on a supercharger instead. Should be getting her back late this week. Congrats. Now where are these videos?

BLAZN BOSS

I'm confused on why its bad to leave the switch armed on the nitrous............I have run it for years and it has stayed on basicaly all the time. Voltage is not at the solinoid until the switch is depressed. I run my electric fuel pump and the nitrous thru a relay........biggest mistake people make is running voltage thru cheap switchs like the ones that arm and apply. Let a 40 amp relay handle current......let switches be that....on off switches. And use a pressure switch that wont allow nitrous in the motor if there isnt fuel pressure. Avoids melt down. I probably ran more nitrous in my 68 coupe than gasoline LOL. Bought so much the guy used to giveme a free fill up after about every 5 bottles. Now having a tank heater on is asking for trouble LOL. And a damn sure to putting a vent pipe on.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
BLAZN BOSS said:
I'm confused on why its bad to leave the switch armed on the nitrous............I have run it for years and it has stayed on basicaly all the time. Voltage is not at the solinoid until the switch is depressed. I run my electric fuel pump and the nitrous thru a relay........biggest mistake people make is running voltage thru cheap switchs like the ones that arm and apply. Let a 40 amp relay handle current......let switches be that....on off switches. And use a pressure switch that wont allow nitrous in the motor if there isnt fuel pressure. Avoids melt down. I probably ran more nitrous in my 68 coupe than gasoline LOL. Bought so much the guy used to giveme a free fill up after about every 5 bottles. Now having a tank heater on is asking for trouble LOL. And a damn sure to putting a vent pipe on.
the way it was wired it energized the coils. I had a fuel pressure switch and a wide open throttle switch. My cousin was under the impression that I had disconnected the power to it all. I called nitrous express and they told me that leaving it on for more then 20 mins at a time would over heat the coil and melt the windings

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel