The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

nitrous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

has anyone put any on their boss yet? i was thinking about getting the nitrous express plate kit. seems like it will be the most reliable what you guys think about this?

BLAZN BOSS

I'm considering nitrous too (ZL-1 equalizer).....I want a wet system. Just havent seen anyone talk about it yet. There was a magazine article on it but I can't remeber whichone. I am sure the motor can take it. I ran it on my 68 with a 289. I had the NOS cheater system and used the 250 pills. The motor was built for it. The wet system will make sure there is no LEAN event using it. But I dont know if a tune will be required......some how you don't want full timing to be in play.......LOL, I hate new cars..........if i had a carb and distributor I'm in my comfort zone.

BLAZN BOSS said:
I'm considering nitrous too (ZL-1 equalizer).....I want a wet system. Just havent seen anyone talk about it yet. There was a magazine article on it but I can't remeber whichone. I am sure the motor can take it. I ran it on my 68 with a 289. I had the NOS cheater system and used the 250 pills. The motor was built for it. The wet system will make sure there is no LEAN event using it. But I dont know if a tune will be required......some how you don't want full timing to be in play.......LOL, I hate new cars..........if i had a carb and distributor I'm in my comfort zone.
ya i think im gonna order the nitrous express wet system using the plate system . seems idiot proof. im only gonna use a small shot like a 75 or 100. this should be plenty to toy with some zl1s and some zo6s. ill post up the install and let you know how it goes. personally im going to get a tune just to be safe even if they say 75 shot or less its not needed im gonna do it anyway.

jfolsom28 said:
has anyone put any on their boss yet? i was thinking about getting the nitrous express plate kit. seems like it will be the most reliable what you guys think about this?

I know it's not any of my business, but I was also dead-set up spraying my car but after talking with several people I decided to supercharge it instead. At the end of the day after labor costs (if you're not doing it yourself) You'll be spending twice as much on a supercharger. I've called around to shops in my area and most were saying around $4000 total costs including the kit. The advantage of having power whenever you want it is invaluable to me. Plus you don't have to worry about the hassle of refilling the tanks. I would save up and get a s/c. You'll be spending around $8000 on the low end.

yankeehick said:
I know it's not any of my business, but I was also dead-set up spraying my car but after talking with several people I decided to supercharge it instead. At the end of the day after labor costs (if you're not doing it yourself) You'll be spending twice as much on a supercharger. I've called around to shops in my area and most were saying around $4000 total costs including the kit. The advantage of having power whenever you want it is invaluable to me. Plus you don't have to worry about the hassle of refilling the tanks. I would save up and get a s/c. You'll be spending around $8000 on the low end.
well im a college student and dont really have the funds to buy the supercharger kit haha

TMO Supporting Vendors