The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Nitto 555RII Tire Pressure Suggestions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So speaking of shredded tires, I burned through another set of Conti's today with thread showing in my left front tire as usually. I was able to get seven 25 minute sessions, or a little over 3 hours on this set. That was a actually an improvement for me. I then switched over to the Nittos.

I was a bit cautious at first coming off the Conti slicks to the Nittos but they handled very well. It seems my speeds in turn 2 at BIR were consistent with the conti's, maybe two mph slower. Unfortunately my lap timer was not working so I am not sure how it effected my over all times.

Thanks for the help the pressure info!!

FYI - I hit 149.9 MPH on the long straight away, as recorded on my GPS TraqMate!! I thought the Boss had a limiter at 144???

LS110 said:
FYI - I hit 149.9 MPH on the long straight away, as recorded on my GPS TraqMate!! I thought the Boss had a limiter at 144???
That's what I hit (150) on the same tires. The limiter is actually 155, but with the shorter tire it's probably closer to 152.

cloud9 said:
LS110 said:
I was off by a pound, I have been running the conti's hot at 29.5 left and 28 right. They increase 6 pounds from cold to hot very consistently.
I run the Contis at 34 hot. I was running them at 30-32 hot but I found 34 is better. I start at 28 front and 27 rear to get to 34 hot typically.

Thanks for the info Gary. I just got my Contis mounted and hitting the track next weekend. Cant wait since it's the first time I'm running slicks.

TMO Supporting Vendors