The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

No Crank, No Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure if this is the right area to post, but...
I have a '13 Laguna Seca that has decided to not crank or start. This a.m. it acted like the immobilizer (whatever the Ford equivalent is) was acting up. Lock symbol flashed at 3 separate attempts to start and then started. Drove fine 30 miles to work with no issues. All accessories operating no fault. Time to leave for home and same thing occurred, but took about 5 minutes of trying to get it started. Once started it ran fine, but noticed the ambient temperature read 56 F when in reality it was 80 F. Inlet temp. of the center gauge computer set read correctly. Anyway, get home and park. Figure maybe the remote battery is marginal. Change the batteries in both silver and red key.
Now "Service Advantrac", "Check Charging System" messages appear with no crank/ no start.
Battery is fine. Fuses check out o.k. Power good up to the fuse box from the battery. Quick scan with my SCT just gives a 21000 error message. Quick look around at grounds and connections on the car seem to be o.k. No different result if using known good jump box.
The car is stock electronic wise. No tunes or things like that. Just the Red Key programmed.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Anytime my Boss acted up I’d disconnect the battery for 10-20 min. It’s worth a try.

How's the P-car Rick? Agreed. Did that too. For 2 hours. Had my helper attempt to start while I checked to see if battery had a dead short. No luck. I guess its the Norcal air. I'm going to have to look more closely tomorrow. Just drove it Wed with no issues, but is not driven everyday... I hope critters did not get to it, even though its garaged.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Had a similar issue when I was auto crossing last year. It did this twice to me but I got through all my sessions. I pretty much did everything you did in trying to figure it out and nothing looked wrong. I did the battery disconnect and they issue went away. Got no code at all on my scan tool. It was just one of those things, as Andres wrote - "Gremlins". I have changed out the battery since and never did figure out what the heck happened.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel