The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

No drama here..thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been on another FB page, it's getting to where someone asks an opinion, then they get one and everyone jumps on the guy that offers it...
I guess FB is more prone to that, so coming here on TMO it's nice to not have to deal with it.
Joe the boss told me he doesn't offer much info (on line) anymore because even when you're right, you're wrong, knowing his knowledge base that's kind of sad.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I have found some use it as a platform to abuse others.....they delight in wearing a hammer as a crown.
How small must one feel to need to cut others down to make themselves feel big?
It is possible to have a different opinion without becoming abusive or piling on.
Fortunately TMO members know how to have a respectful conversation and exchange ideas like adults.
Its a wonderful template for how forums were meant to be.
One can only hope that the idea catches on.

That's by design from the beginning. With so many Mustang forums we decided to stick to the facts and focus on verifiable information vs internet hyperbole. We're trying to do the same thing with our FB page but it can get out of hand fast. Fortunately, for the most part, we are attracting similar respectful members although I have deleted a few posts there.

The reason for our FB page is two fold:

1. To attract more members to the TMO forum.
2. To have an easy place for TMO members to carry on a more social conversation and update members on what you're doing with your car.

Let's be honest, FB has vastly more resources than any forum software provider and in particular the FB mobile application is very easy to use. We upgraded the TMO software at the beginning of the year so we could have something that was more user friendly and has a terrific mobile interface. Being able to upload photos and attachments directly to TMO is another feature we added. Plus FB is killing all forums so if you can't beat them join them. Since the launch of our TMO page and group I've been spending a lot more time on it. It's a great way to pass time and keep up with friends in a very user friendly format. Unfortunately because it's so user friendly you get a lot of noise. FB isn't going away so if you must be on FB you might as well be on the TMO FB page. :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1795072244143674/

https://www.facebook.com/trackmustangsonline/

Remember to only post on the TMO group page (first link).

Last edited:

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Yes it was a surprisingly rude conversation from guys who espouse advanced techniques against 2 old seasoned pro racers who offered insight to an advanced tire tuning technique. Trying to explain that it isn't the fact that it isn't nitrogen per se that makes the difference but the lack of moisture in commercially prepared high pressure nitrogen that keeps tire pressure build consistent and repeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
...and the peanut gallery goes:
chickens-gif-3_05a89071.gif

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I got sucked into Facebook when my brother, younger brother, put his wedding announcement on Facebook.....Only. Go figure. its his third wedding.
Then came all the political BS posts from family members. Asked them to stop sending. When they continued to come, I simply insulted all until they removed me from their lists. Problem solved.
If someone actually wanted to stop hate, the first target would be FB.
Sorry....end of rant!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
One person insults, then the peanut gallery piles on...none of which are interested in gaining information or debating the issue, just interested in the fight, like a pack of dogs.

As I often say:
"You learn much more by listening than you ever will by talking".
Unfortunately some people are only interested in their own opinions and anything contrary is seen as some kind of personal challenge rather than an opportunity to get a different perspective.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Ya think???

What’s more, some folks set it up so that there will be conflicts with the express intention of creating havoc so they can wield whatever power they think they have, which is very different than a having a difference of opinion. It’s not the result, it’s the intent. I’ve seen this all before and it always ends in the demise of the medium of conflict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
After the entire world melted down due to...umm...political stuff...I unfollowed everyone on Facebook except the car people and a couple family members. Now all I see is a constant stream of cool car stuff from experienced individuals and the occasional nature picture from my hippy brother. It's quite nice. Even Facebook's targeted ad campaign can't figure out what the hell I want. Blood pressure is dropping too from not having to see a constant stream of useless derp.

One huge problem with any electronic media is that it's very hard to express tone or genuine curiosity.

There's one more element to things and that's the fact that you don't actually know people who ask these questions and are probably not going to investigate their life story. Something came up last week where someone asked a pretty basic question about adding power and gave very little info on what they needed. Turns out they were some big time national champion and everyone got mad at people offering up tidbits of information. I was kind of ticked at big time national champion for not being more specific about what he was looking for and then getting mad at everyone else for not reading his mind.

In summary, Facebook is stupid but I want to look at pictures of cool stuff.

Edit: one nice thing is the ability to message people. When you ask the mob, you get a mob answer. When you ask the individual who seems to know what they're talking about, you get a better response. I sometimes prefer to just reach out to people I've identified as having greater knowledge and experience because I want THEIR specific take on something without dealing with the slavering masses. It also means you can ask more in depth follow-up questions.

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the problem with discussions on FB the *lack* of moderation? Free-for-all discussions rarely end well on the internets. People get brave behind safety of the keyboard. Kinda like people in traffic. Common courtesy goes out the window.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel