The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

No Rear Caliper Dust Boots - OK For Track Day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m headed to the track this Sunday and had some work done on my brakes today. My rear caliper dust boots were torn so badly they had to be removed to push the rear pistons in after swapping in new brake pads.

I’m planning to either rebuild the calipers or install new ones, but I don’t have time before the track on Sunday.

Is it too risky to track the car for one day? Or is there really no issue unless there’s been gunk building up over time?

Here are the part numbers for the calipers with higher temp (silicone?) boots. They're cheap enough that rebuilding isn't really worth the hassle.

FR3Z-2553-H
FR3Z-2552-H

These are the OEM ones that come on the GT PP, right?

If so these are the same ones that I toasted the dust boots on. I saw a set of high temp calipers from OPMustang, but I figured they replaced the dust boots with silicone ones. Now I’m thinking that’s not the case if these already come with them.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
These are the OEM ones that come on the GT PP, right?

If so these are the same ones that I toasted the dust boots on. I saw a set of high temp calipers from OPMustang, but I figured they replaced the dust boots with silicone ones. Now I’m thinking that’s not the case if these already come with them.

These are the part numbers for the calipers with hi temp red boots that OPMustang also sells. I’ve not seen these on a factory PP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the part numbers for the calipers with hi temp red boots that OPMustang also sells. I’ve not seen these on a factory PP.

These part numbers come up as the OEM calipers on the 2018 GT PP.

I guess I'm just really heavy on the brakes haha.

82285D00-EB73-4670-AEF1-9F2A4A3B28E2.jpeg01A8626E-48CB-49EB-8772-9C192AA620ED.jpeg

These are some pics of mine before they ripped off, they’re red.

Attachments

• CA67668E-573C-4A2B-B3B0-D74DB5D4CBED.jpeg
    CA67668E-573C-4A2B-B3B0-D74DB5D4CBED.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 77

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel