The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

No-tune Airaid CAI tested on my 13' Boss for 5.0 Mustangs magazine today....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So did anyone notice that this article is out now? Cool results.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/1406-how-to-install-the-airaid-mxp-intake-system/

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
seca954 said:
I wonder why the Steeda intake requires a tune but the Airaid doesn't? I've never seen actual results of the Steeda kit. Airaid did a good job.
Steeda MAF reference tube size is 101 mm, Air Raid uses stock size (90mm I think) at the MAF. The ECU calculations are based on the calculated volume of air that passes the Mass Air Flow sensor a certain air volume will drop the sensor wire temperature by a specific value, this volume is affected by the diameter of the tube surrounding the sensor. Tune is used to reset those calculations.
Steve

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
seca954 said:
I wonder why the Steeda intake requires a tune but the Airaid doesn't? I've never seen actual results of the Steeda kit. Airaid did a good job.

What Steve said, but add that the Airaid also has the option of taking out the stock sized MAF insert and requiring a tune too.

Good luck finding one of these, Ive tried everywhere anyone want to part with one pm me, otherwise someone like
steeda needs to get a work on a stock sized cai, that looks half way decent and deletes the sound tube.

Did anybody try this combo?
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/cmb-ad1113gtsct/kitcombocontents
It seems there is a custom tune made for the AIRAID intake with it...
But common to the GT and the BOSS...
Could it be?

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
patrickshelby said:
Did anybody try this combo?
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/cmb-ad1113gtsct/kitcombocontents
It seems there is a custom tune made for the AIRAID intake with it...
But common to the GT and the BOSS...
Could it be?

I've got that intake with the non-oiled filter ( Blue .) I had it on my car for about 100 miles before swapping it out for the CF version. If you're in the market let me know...I'll make you a good deal. Also...I'm sure a boxed tune would work....but after going through the remote tuning with AED...I'm sold on the remote tune. I think there are enough variations in engines and environmental conditions that the remote tuning really shines.

Wayne
)

Senderofan said:
I've got that intake with the non-oiled filter ( Blue .) I had it on my car for about 100 miles before swapping it out for the CF version. If you're in the market let me know...I'll make you a good deal. Also...I'm sure a boxed tune would work....but after going through the remote tuning with AED...I'm sold on the remote tune. I think there are enough variations in engines and environmental conditions that the remote tuning really shines.
Wayne
I have the CF as well
I just bought a SCT unit to data log my BOSS and see from there...

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
patrickshelby said:
I have the CF as well
I just bought a SCT unit to data log my BOSS and see from there...

I would highly recommend that you talk to AED before you data log. I believe you would benefit from AED's tuning no matter what your list of mods are. Shaun's base tune.....based on my mods....was amazing. And with only minor adjustments...had me set to go.

Wayne

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel