The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

No USB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I didn't find anything when I searched.

So, there is no USB provision for phone or Ipod hook-up on the stock Boss radio?

What the hell? this is 2013!

Any suggestions? Don't really care about satellite radio but would like to hook my phone/music player up.

BrianDeTienne said:
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I didn't find anything when I searched.

So, there is no USB provision for phone or Ipod hook-up on the stock Boss radio?

What the hell? this is 2013!

Any suggestions? Don't really care about satellite radio but would like to hook my phone/music player up.
There's an AUX jack in the console that I use for Sirius on my phone.

F.D. Sako said:
Should've gotten a '13 boss :p
'13s have a USB connection in the consol, next to the AUX jack.

I had heard the '13s were more girly cars. I guess this proves it... ;D

Oh, and they didn't come in Competition Orange..... 8)

Haha.
Well, like mentioned, you can get an AUX cable and connect your iPod. You will be able to hear the music through you car speakers by pressing the AUX button on your stereo.

If you want to charge your iPod, you'll have to use a separate car charger cable. The only thing is, you won't be able to select music using in-car controls, you'd have to select it on your iPod.

Btw, USB connection was one of the reasons why I chose the '13 lol. I just have a flash drive with all my music.

F.D. Sako said:
Haha.
Well, like mentioned, you can get an AUX cable and connect your iPod. You will be able to hear the music through you car speakers by pressing the AUX button on your stereo.

If you want to charge your iPod, you'll have to use a separate car charger cable. The only thing is, you won't be able to select music using in-car controls, you'd have to select it on your iPod.

Btw, USB connection was one of the reasons why I chose the '13 lol. I just have a flash drive with all my music.

Thanks for the info. I think I have found a solution that will work.

Oh, and thanks for having a sense of humor. :)

askjeffro said:
Obligatory: "There's a radio in the Boss?"

Could possibly be the worst sounding stereo in a 12/13 vehicle....period. Never mind that it is in a 40K+ vehicle. That just makes it all the more ridiculous. But hey, it's a freakin Boss! Who gives a rats ass about the radio?

Brian, there's a better solution...

Check out iSimple Solutions' Gateway module.

http://www.isimplesolutions.com/product.aspx?zpid=416

You want model # ISFD571 I believe. Their kit plugs into the backside of our stereo and includes the same multipin iPod connector that Apple uses. The kit allows you to control the iPod through either the steering wheel or stereo buttons and displays most (depending on # of characters) of the song/album/artist info on the factory stereo display. Sound quality is much better than what you get via the std aux port.

It's my only non-performance or safety-related mod but definitely worth it on those longer drives to various tracks and events...

Bossy1908 said:
Could possibly be the worst sounding stereo in a 12/13 vehicle....period. Never mind that it is in a 40K+ vehicle. That just makes it all the more ridiculous. But hey, it's a freakin Boss! Who gives a rats ass about the radio?

I understand your pain, but trust me when I tell you there are many worst sounding radio systems out there still today. Have you driven a Subaru lately?

GA
Boss1601 said:
racered302 said:
It's a transistor radio with 4 speakers. More or less.
[/quote
Radio is terrible. Exhaust is awesome.
I'll take hill assist over skip shift!

Neither one for me, thanks. I deleted my skip shift with my FRPP Power Pack. My friend just bought a '13 GT and he said that hill assist works fine going forward but when he backs down his driveway on an incline it gets confused and he has to rub the brakes for a few seconds until it lets go.

TMO Supporting Vendors