The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Noise in front left on high speed sweepers on the track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While driving Spring Mtn's track my LS picked up clunk or metal on metal sound last time out. This is on right hand turns when the front left loads up under pressure. The car has after market camber plates that are toed in 3 degrees. I can feel it from the middle or under my feet to front left tire. The wheel is solid when jacked up and attempted to move back and forth. Just trying to build a list of things to have checked out. People have mentioned sway bar bracket. Not sure which bushings may be mashed and not working. Let me know your thoughts.

Check the two front sway bar brackets to make sure you didn't break one or it walked out of the "keyhole". There's one on each side and you can see them with the front wheels off.

Also check the lower control arm at all 3 connecting points. Happened to me and caused a similar problem.

Fairly certain we found the problem. Looks like the headers were rubbing on the frame. Not sure if that is a loose or broken motor mount but it explains the metal on metal sound and feeling on my feet:

https://plus.google.com/photos/118202488090179129235/albums?banner=pwa

TMO Supporting Vendors