The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Non-Drilling Front License Plate Holder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
the craig's front plate holder is the first thing I bought for my boss. I had to tell the dealer three times DO NOT put holes in the front bumper. the bar behind the plate has a rubber pad there to keep from rubbing your paint. and the parts that clamp to the inside of the bumper cover have rubber pads as well. and couldnt be easier to remove two wingnuts. this is nice for me as I detail my cars most every weekend.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Working for a Dealership I can honestly say a front plate bracket drilled into the bumper of a high performance car is a deduct. Sure you won't see it in Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds, but owners of these types of cars do no want the marring it incurs. Whether a Boss, a Shelby GT 500, Viper, Porsche, etc. , a clean front end is a must. As ridiculous as it may sound , I have had folks not buy a car as the bumper had been drilled. Craig's bracket looks like a super answer and I will definitely be getting one for my Boss if a new law in Nebraska doesn't happen soon enough ( supposedly for an extra amount collectible/classic/ exotic cars can forgo a front plate for a fee ). I will gladly support the State if it means I don't have to put a plate on the front of the beast.

2013 folks, I communicated with Craig a while back and there is no recommended 2013 solution as of yet. Give him a couple months and something should become available.

I have the craig bracket as well, and if you use this with the factory bracket (put the screw throught the plate and the factory bracket), it almost looks like you mounted the factory bracket to the front bumper. really clean look.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Based on the feedback on this forum, I ordered the Craig bracket today. I hope to never have to mount it but I will be "at the ready" if I get a fixit ticket here in CA.

On a side note, I have never seen a front plate on a Corvette, Ferrari or most Porsches and numerous other vehicles on the road in CA.

Front plates are required here, but it seems the authorities are lax in their enforcement of the law.

Around here, you only get a ticket if you are parked in a public lot and the meter maids are cruising by. You might get one in addition to a regular ticket if you get pulled over, but haven't seen that happen much here.

Cars with a screw in tow hook, there is a company that makes a plate holder that screws in there. That is what my bro has on his M5 since he was getting a lot of tickets in parking lots. Not an option for us.

TMO Supporting Vendors