The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Non LS splitter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This looks like a reduced size of the LS splitter, by that I mean a little more street friendly. Shows Ford part p/n. Anyone use one like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-Ford-Mustang-GT-BOSS-302-Front-Bumper-Chin-Splitter-Fascia-OEM-NEW-/201488618412?fits=Year%3A2012%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AMustang%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.0L&hash=item2ee9a853ac:g:vmUAAOSwQItUGfnc&vxp=mtr

That's the stock Boss splitter and the same one that was stock on your car. Do you not have it?

s-l1600.jpg

VooDooBOSS said:
You're missing the front splitter? Can you post a photo?

Regardless buy this one and save $100. You owe me a beer if we ever meet. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-FACTORY-STOCK-11-12-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-BOSS-LOWER-FRONT-CHIN-FASCIA-SPLITTER-/331676666025?fits=Year%3A2012|Submodel%3ABoss+302&hash=item4d397848a9:m:mJ-Omic9AWnj85Raxr-BxGg&vxp=mtr

Done! Thanks

I have an LS splitter on my car and the one pictured looks different. The stock one has one continuous radius in the front and a place for the strut rods to bolt on....I don't see them in that picture.

o10dvb.jpg

I dont understand why someone would remove the chin splitter??
Please post a picture so we can help.
the 12 and 13 both had chin splitters. However the splitter are different and will not fit unless its for that year

superhero said:
I dont understand why someone would remove the chin splitter??
Please post a picture so we can help.
the 12 and 13 both had chin splitters. However the splitter are different and will not fit unless its for that year

It looks like it was never installed? The j nuts are in place but no signs anything ever being there. Was this something that came with the car but had to be installed by the dealer after delivery? I was watching a dealer prep a GT350 for delivery and they had to add a lot of underside pieces and splitter also.

I don't have "photo bucket" to post pictures.

VooDooBOSS said:
You should be able do download the LS or WC splitter instructions and they will have a parts list need to install them and the parts are the same with the exception of the supports. If you can't find them send me a PM and I'll email them to you.

I found the Ford instructions but it just showed a pictorial and count of bolts & push pins but not sizes. I'm just going to take one of the j nuts with me to my local hardware store and see what fits. I have a bunch of push pins around here someplace in my boxes of FOX left overs so I'll see what I can find. Or I may just hot the local dealer parts counter.

I feel bad that this is becoming a complex issue for you so I want to chime in to help. Call the Ford Performance tech line, ask them for the part numbers for all of the fasteners (and quantities of each required). They can even provide you with a diagram of what goes where. Once you have your parts list, you can the required OE fasteners from Tasca Ford online for super cheap. Trying to find fasteners at the hardware store is going to be a major headache and They won't carry what you need anyway. Good luck, and I would suggest also that you figure out how to post pics because there is no way that your car was delivered from the factory without a chin spoiler installed; it would look like it was being repaired from a front end wreck....

Good luck,
A bat

I have the hardware ordered from local dealer. Will take a day or so to get in. Car was never damaged, everything is mint top & bottom. I remembered I have the number of the original owner (he sent me the owners kit) He removed the splitter and was going to add the LS version but never did. That explains it now!

k98dave said:
I have the hardware ordered from local dealer. Will take a day or so to get in. Car was never damaged, everything is mint top & bottom. I remembered I have the number of the original owner (he sent me the owners kit) He removed the splitter and was going to add the LS version but never did. That explains it now!

Cool, glad this got sorted out!!!

Enjoy your Boss!

TMO Supporting Vendors