The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Non Technical; Purely Emotional Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was just wondering.

Does anyone, before going to bed, when locking down the house, etc. go out to the garage to take one last look at your Boss?

My name is Steve........

sometimes I like to sit and look at my Boss, but my favorite thing is seeing it in a reflection of a store front window as I drive by or stopped at a light.

Every night of the week. It always gives me a s@*! eating grin. I drink beers with her too. She's shy though. Doesn't talk much.

We need help... a therapy group or something...

I do the same thing, yesterday I was out driving the BOSS out on the Rural Back-Roads of NC, just cruising... Every now and then opening it up, then coasting back down to normal speeds and cruising... While I had a perms-grin on the entire time, I couldn't help but think that I am somehow cheating on my GirlFriend with this car... LOL It doesn't matter if I am just joy riding or on my way to a job or to get something to eat, I enjoy the BOSS every time I drive it...

I keep trying to decide if I want to get a Hero HD 2 to start making videos or not... But then I think one camera wouldn't be enough, I would need at least 3 cameras... one for Front view, one for Cockpit View and one for Rear view or Close Front quarter View...

I have a feeling that 2013 and 2014 will be last "True Mustangs" made. the concept of the 2015 is just not a "Mustang"... I have only Retro Bodied Mustangs...

The BOSS is most definitely the finest and most enjoyable sports car I have ever driven.

This is Hilarious..

I was just trying to confess my longing looks into the garage.

Windows, reflections? That's why I take my wife shopping, so I can drive around the area and "window shop" while she's inside.

Boss949 said:
I was just wondering.

Does anyone, before going to bed, when locking down the house, etc. go out to the garage to take one last look at your Boss?

My name is Steve........

Hi my name is Chris... and I do the same exact thing. My wife has caught me doing it and I have come up with the excuse that I'm" just checking to make sure I closed the garage door"...works every time...lol.

Maui
Every night. glad to hear it's a common theme..

Boss949 said:
I was just wondering.

My name is Steve........

Chris,

LOL.

I'm thinking about borrowing one of my daughter's baby monitors, so I can keep the monitoring screen by my bedside, just in case anything gets in the garage at night.??

bkaser90 said:
sometimes I like to sit and look at my Boss, but my favorite thing is seeing it in a reflection of a store front window as I drive by or stopped at a light.

+1...Therapy is something I would never consider. The symptoms that all of you are witnessing are typical boss owner side affects.......LOL

When I first got my Boss Last Oct I used to go in the garage & just sit in it & be amazed at what a amazing car I had. Now that I have almost 9000 miles on my Boss I don't need to do that as much as I used to but I still realize this is a VERY special car & am glad I have my Boss.

Boss949 said:
Chris,

LOL.

I'm thinking about borrowing one of my daughter's baby monitors, so I can keep the monitoring screen by my bedside, just in case anything gets in the garage at night.??

Gods honest truth...I actually replaced the garage door springs with new ones because the old ones were over 10 years old and I didn't want them breaking under tension and sending some small metal coil bits flying at the car at 200 MPH. The springs do have the safety wire in them but you never know...so To help me rest easy I went out and replaced the springs with brand new heavy duty ones and new safety catch wires. Plus the kids bikes and toys have all been moved to the shed. The garage is off limits to everyone but ME! Lol. All because of the Boss..

CrashTex

Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow
Hi Steve.
My name is Carl (pause for Hi Carl), I'm 42 years old, and I'm a Bossaholic. When I go to restaurants, I try to park/sit where I can see the Boss. Because I'm worried about theft or vandalism? Nah. I just like to see it.

TMO Supporting Vendors