Noob question - splitter bumper trim

Discussion in 'How To Forum' started by Jayden, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Jayden

Jayden TMO Beginner

Hi everyone

I have recently bought a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (6-speed manual, 2.3L L4 DOHC 16V).

Now I am planning to work both on the performance and on its looks. First thing I want to grab is a cool bumper lip (or I have to get the whole bumper to install this splitter?). Also I totally love those widebody wheel wells, yet that is something I cannot afford for now.

As for the performance plans - I plan doing a new cold air intake, then a performance catback, and later on - chip-tune it.

As for the performance changes - that's only in plans, nothing certain.
    But I definitely want the new bumper valance (fiberglass or carbon), plus that bumper trim (see the pic in the attachment). What is the right name for it?

love this bodykit.JPG
    Neither this picture nor this Mustang belongs to me, I've taken it from the site.
    Cheers!

2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am TMO Intermediate

I believe those are called "Canards."

superhero likes this.
  3. 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car

Hi Jayden:

Welcome to TMO. The S550 front Splitter & Canards look great in the pic you posted.

As for engine mods on your 2.3T, I have to think back to my WRX/STi Days. On those turbo units, a Level I mod for more power was found on the exhaust side by replacing the restricted turbo down pipe & exhaust system with a new Tune.

More power will come with more aggressive tunes, big turbo boost bumps, new wastegates, etc. and other intake and fuel system changes. You can spend lots of cash on the intake side.

So to begin, check out your exhaust side options first. I know the CAI looks great when you pop the hood, but it might not be the best power bang for your buck.

I would also look for a tuner first and then look to see what “power packages” are offered. Mods can be installed in stages to end up with the power level that suits you best.

Post some pics of your new Mustang and let us know what you decide upon. All the Best!