The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Noob question - splitter bumper trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi everyone

I have recently bought a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (6-speed manual, 2.3L L4 DOHC 16V).

Now I am planning to work both on the performance and on its looks. First thing I want to grab is a cool bumper lip (or I have to get the whole bumper to install this splitter?). Also I totally love those widebody wheel wells, yet that is something I cannot afford for now.

As for the performance plans - I plan doing a new cold air intake, then a performance catback, and later on - chip-tune it.

As for the performance changes - that's only in plans, nothing certain.
But I definitely want the new bumper valance (fiberglass or carbon), plus that bumper trim (see the pic in the attachment). What is the right name for it?

love this bodykit.JPG
Neither this picture nor this Mustang belongs to me, I've taken it from the site.
Cheers!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi Jayden:

Welcome to TMO. The S550 front Splitter & Canards look great in the pic you posted.

As for engine mods on your 2.3T, I have to think back to my WRX/STi Days. On those turbo units, a Level I mod for more power was found on the exhaust side by replacing the restricted turbo down pipe & exhaust system with a new Tune.

More power will come with more aggressive tunes, big turbo boost bumps, new wastegates, etc. and other intake and fuel system changes. You can spend lots of cash on the intake side.

So to begin, check out your exhaust side options first. I know the CAI looks great when you pop the hood, but it might not be the best power bang for your buck.

I would also look for a tuner first and then look to see what “power packages” are offered. Mods can be installed in stages to end up with the power level that suits you best.

Post some pics of your new Mustang and let us know what you decide upon. All the Best!

With regards to the aero mods, I would recommend that you run whatever the race cars run, and by that, I mean the splitter/wing combination. As the S197 program was averse to using the short IMSA splitter with the big PWC wing, I'm sure the newer cars will run into the same thing. Those cars have been in wind tunnels, don't try to redesign the aero, just go with what you know already works.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel