The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Noob Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am the proud new owner of a 2013 GHG Boss and have a stupid question. Is there an aftermarket "X" brace being manufactured? The reason I ask is that the car I purchased has all the LS stuff on it, including the cross brace, but does not carry a LS serial number, and of course is in the wrong color. Is there a possibility that this is an anomaly?

Thanks in advance.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
A factory anomoly? I doubt it. Most one-off cars are very well documented. Many owners have installed LS X braces and rear seat deletes in their Bosses.

Welcome to the site! :)

Welcome to BMO. My car has all of the LS pieces on it yet my car is not an LS. So yes the X brace is available from Ford Racing.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
I am glad to hear that the X brace is a bolt in. Now I can for sure put some miles on her without worry of it being rare!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi Sam:

Welcome to the BMO Forum and congratulations on the purchase of your 2013 Boss 302. Keep us posted on your ownership and driving experiences, she's a great car and you'll find this is a great forum.

All the Best,
302 Hi Pro

Weather around here has been crap since I picked her up, but I will get some as soon as it clears up. Thought about rolling it out yesterday just to take a picture with it in the snow.

:D

yeah my dad lives there and saw your car in the dealership. told me they had it advertised as a LS and i told him no way then they changed it. how they didnt know that was crazy, ford dealer

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel