The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Norcal SAAC Fall Classic at Thunderhill Raceway (October 15-16, 2016)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm still considering it but my fall fun budget is getting killed by attending to the F1 race at COTA the following weekend.

I may have to try and attend this event! I'd love for the Boss' first track appearance to be with NorCal SAAC. I'll have to make sure the wife hasn't already pre-planned anything for us that weekend.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this event. Still hoping to get the Boss out there before the season ends. Be careful out there all! Rain is in the forecast for this weekend.

Sydewaysix said:
Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this event. Still hoping to get the Boss out there before the season ends. Be careful out there all! Rain is in the forecast for this weekend.

yea, looks like it'll rain for sure on sat and 20% on sun. I'm still considering getting up there on sun. I'll tear up some tires since I don't yet have camber plates and I'll feel like a boob going to the track without tow hooks...but I haven't had my R on track yet so I'm getting pretty antsy.

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to it. Last time at Thunderhill was in January, in the rain, on NT01s. This time I'll be better prepared. You learn a lot about car control in the rain on NT01s.

Trailering the car there on its street NT05s, and will have the NT01s with me for Sunday if the weather holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, what a day! It was nice meeting you @SDS and I saw @Surfergeek car but didn't have a chance to meet you. Both of you were hauling ass! Beautiful cars too. It was my first time at Thunderhill and I had an absolute blast. I'm trying to get some videos off of my GoPros and I'll post them when I can. The weather ended up being exactly how I wanted. I was happy we got some rain too and was surprised at how well the stock tires handled the wet pavement. I got 4 runs in before the rain came down and 2 more with a wet track. I'm still learning but the rain made it much easier to test the limits and get used to the car. Plus the track emptied out and there was barely anyone else on track. Hope to see you guys out there again!

- Jessie

RaiderJatt02 said:
Damn, what a day! It was nice meeting you @SDS and I saw @Surfergeek car but didn't have a chance to meet you. Both of you were hauling ass! Beautiful cars too. It was my first time at Thunderhill and I had an absolute blast. I'm trying to get some videos off of my GoPros and I'll post them when I can. The weather ended up being exactly how I wanted. I was happy we got some rain too and was surprised at how well the stock tires handled the wet pavement. I got 4 runs in before the rain came down and 2 more with a wet track. I'm still learning but the rain made it much easier to test the limits and get used to the car. Plus the track emptied out and there was barely anyone else on track. Hope to see you guys out there again!

- Jessie
Sorry I missed you!

Was a great couple of days. We will have to make sure we catch up next time. @SDS good to get know you better too!

Fun driving under all the different conditions and meeting and making new friends.

Nice meeting you too Jessie-

Rick - Sorry you couldn't make it. I didn't take any pictures - just track app video.

The weather held better than I thought and the forecast predicted, so I could have gotten by with NT01's instead of the PSS's that I drove in on. I went out for one lap in the downpour and was breaking traction so often I wasn't having much fun so I cut the rain driving short.

RaideJatt02 was really doing well during the Saturday afternoon downpour on stock tires -Good job! .... his GT350 was definitely one of the faster cars out in the wet.

My better half didn't even slow down in the rain as she has a real wet track car ....a 4CS with super nannies.

Steve

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I was all paid up and ready to go for Sunday but the rain scared me off.
.....THEN IT DIDN'T RAIN!

giphy.gif

The photos I took were pretty minimal. In fact you have seen them all on Facebook already. I did most of one of the sessions in the rain on my NT05s, didn't go out for rain session 2 as it had started to really come down so I called it a day.

TMO Supporting Vendors