The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northeast Boss/Ford event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
For all those going to LRP, it would be great if we could 'corral' in the paddock in a group. I'd suggest were all just head to the rear of Paddock A (far end near Big Bend). That area is the last to fill and gives us the best opportunity to meet. I usually get there at gate open and grab a spot adjacent to the starting line, but ill head for the back to start the chain reaction ;-) it would very very cool to see so many Bosses side to side in the paddock.

MA
PeteInCT said:
For all those going to LRP, it would be great if we could 'corral' in the paddock in a group. I'd suggest were all just head to the rear of Paddock A (far end near Big Bend). That area is the last to fill and gives us the best opportunity to meet. I usually get there at gate open and grab a spot adjacent to the starting line, but ill head for the back to start the chain reaction ;-) it would very very cool to see so many Bosses side to side in the paddock.

That sounds like a really good idea.

On suspension settings, since I only have a base Boss, is it advisable to turn the front AND rear shocks up to setting 5? I admit, I've never played with shock settings on the street, then again I only have about 800 miles on my car since I got it.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
The turtles ar LRP are pretty tame except for the one after the back straight (stay off that). I run 5 in front and 4.5 in the rear at LRP. If you never changed the shock settings I would advise you do it now, stay off some bumpy roads, and familiarize yourself with the stiffer feel.

PeteInCT said:

Sounds good! It will be nice to get them in a group photo.

MA
PeteInCT said:
The turtles ar LRP are pretty tame except for the one after the back straight (stay off that). I run 5 in front and 4.5 in the rear at LRP. If you never changed the shock settings I would advise you do it now, stay off some bumpy roads, and familiarize yourself with the stiffer feel.

Good info. I will experiment when the weather gets a little warmer. Traction isn't the best on these cold roads, had it out today and can attest to that.

Does the event staff provide you with a car number, like shoe polish on the windows such as when you go to the 1/4 mile track?

I'm not going to lie when I say I am a Newbie at this stuff. Been down the 1/4 100's of times, but this is new to me. Its cool having a car that we can do both with ;D

SVT1 said:
PeteInCT said:

Good info. I will experiment when the weather gets a little warmer. Traction isn't the best on these cold roads, had it out today and can attest to that.

Does the event staff provide you with a car number, like shoe polish on the windows such as when you go to the 1/4 mile track?
Yes they give numbers

I'm not going to lie when I say I am a Newbie at this stuff. Been down the 1/4 100's of times, but this is new to me. Its cool having a car that we can do both with ;D

PeteInCT

Connecticut
They supply the numbers for your car - stick on. All you need to do is make sure you have all paperwork completed as requested.

MA
Guys,

Figured I'd revive this thread since May 31st will be here soon!

I can't wait, this will be my first track day experience. Been chomping at the bit since winter for this.

Does SCDA send out an email confirmation before the event, or do you just show up and register at the track? I paid and registerd back when they announced the shedule, BTW.

Maybe we can get a poll going on who all is going to be there?

You should have gotten a confirmation email. Check your junk mail or send them an email. Did they charge your card already?

MA
Jza1736 said:
You should have gotten a confirmation email. Check your junk mail or send them an email. Did they charge your card already?

I'll check my old emails and print it out. Thanks.

So who all is in for this?

I'll be there! I can't wait, it will be my first event of the year and my first time at Limerock.

TMO Supporting Vendors