The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northeast Boss/Ford event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCDA just announced their 2012 schedule!

Anyone interested in doing a Boss/Ford event at Limerock on either of the first 2 scheduled dates?
I started this thread in TMS and so far we have 4 Bosses for the 5/31 date at Limerock

4/9 MON Lime Rock Park
5/31 THU Lime Rock Park
6/4 MON New Hampshire Motor Speedway
6/14 THU Lime Rock Park
6/25 MON New Jersey - Lightning
6/26 TUE New Jersey - Thunderbolt
7/2 MON Lime Rock Park
7/9 MON Watkins Glen
7/10 TUE Watkins Glen
7/16 MON Lime Rock Park
7/31 TUE Lime Rock Park (1-6 PM) Unmuffled!
8/17 FRI New Hampshire Motor Speedway
8/27 MON Lime Rock Park
9/4 TUE Lime Rock Park (Unmuffled PM) *TENTATIVE*
9/10 MON New Jersey - Lightning
9/11 TUE New Jersey - Thunderbolt
10/1 MON New Hampshire Motor Speedway
10/27 SAT Lime Rock Park (1-6 PM)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I intend on trying to make both dates at LRP - It's only about 30 mins away and my "home track' (Although I'd much prefer to live near Mont Tremblant, VIR, Watkins Glen, etc, etc. ;D ).

PeteInCT said:
I'd much prefer to live neat Mont Tremblant, VIR, Watkins Glen, etc, etc. ;D ).

if you don't have something nice to say..... :) I'm sure you agree Lime Rock is a historic and great track. It takes alot of skill to drive it correctly. The bullring of sportscar racing. I'm looking forward to driving with you guys!

4/9 MON Lime Rock Park- Maybe
5/31 THU Lime Rock Park -YES
6/4 MON New Hampshire Motor Speedway-YES
6/14 THU Lime Rock Park -YES
6/25 MON New Jersey - Lightning
6/26 TUE New Jersey - Thunderbolt
7/2 MON Lime Rock Park -YES
7/9 MON Watkins Glen-YES
7/10 TUE Watkins Glen-YES
7/16 MON Lime Rock Park -YES
7/31 TUE Lime Rock Park (1-6 PM) Unmuffled!
8/17 FRI New Hampshire Motor Speedway-MAYBE
8/27 MON Lime Rock Park -YES
9/4 TUE Lime Rock Park (Unmuffled PM) *TENTATIVE*
9/10 MON New Jersey - Lightning
9/11 TUE New Jersey - Thunderbolt
10/1 MON New Hampshire Motor Speedway-YES
10/27 SAT Lime Rock Park (1-6 PM) -YES

MA
I was actually hoping to do the 4-9-12 event at Lime Rock.

Just checked out their website and it looks like a fun event. I have NEVER done anything like this so I'm eagerly anticpating it. Anyone else think they can go in April? When does the registration open up?

I may try to make the May event so I can meet some of you guys as well. Late May is really tough for me to get away though. So is April actually!

There's about 7/8 Bosses coming to the may event. I'm not sure about the April date. Hope to see you there! Registration should open soon.

MA
Jza1736 said:
There's about 7/8 Bosses coming to the may event. I'm not sure about the April date. Hope to see you there! Registration should open soon.

Yeah, I may do the May event instead. It would be cool meeting some of the guys from here and running with other Bosses. I'm just chomping at the bit to do SOMETHING with this car. Winter has settled in here ( well, today its 50 degrees but they keep throwing salt on the roads), so the car is all detailed and under its factory cover in the garage.

Will anyone else be in HPDE1 or just me?

SVT1 said:
Jza1736 said:

Yeah, I may do the May event instead. It would be cool meeting some of the guys from here and running with other Bosses. I'm just chomping at the bit to do SOMETHING with this car. Winter has settled in here ( well, today its 50 degrees but they keep throwing salt on the roads), so the car is all detailed and under its factory cover in the garage.

60 degrees in NY today and yesterday. Took the Boss out from her winter hibernation! Is this really winter? BWE!

[/quote]

This is a good event for you to get your Boss on the track. Lime Rock is a relatively simple track and you will be among friends.

I hope we get some more Boss owners who have limited or no track experience to join us.

Badhorse said:

This is a good event for you to get your Boss on the track. Lime Rock is a relatively simple track and you will be among friends.

I hope we get some more Boss owners who have limited or no track experience to join us.
[/quote]
I don't agree with Limerock being a simple track.I find thats it is technical and very busy track .Busy in that you are busy turning a lot .Not much in the way of straight aways.I personally love the track.Great fun .Come one come all .A great time!

Ian Prout runs it with his wife and father Bill Prout. Bill was a top instructor at Skip Barber and I was fortunate to get him as my instructor for 1 session on lightning and 1 session on Thunderbolt at NJMP. It was great to get his knowledge and I look forward to Limerock and some instruction from Rocketman!

I've been watching videos of Limerock on YouTube and it looks like a lot of fun and like Rocketman said, a very busy track. I can't wait till May 31!!

SVT1 said:
I was actually hoping to do the 4-9-12 event at Lime Rock.

Just checked out their website and it looks like a fun event. I have NEVER done anything like this so I'm eagerly anticpating it. Anyone else think they can go in April? When does the registration open up?

I may try to make the May event so I can meet some of you guys as well. Late May is really tough for me to get away though. So is April actually!

Registration is open!

TMO Supporting Vendors