The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northeast kick off at Lime Rock Park 3/23/13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just a heads up that SCDA has their 2013 kick off event on Saturday 3/23 at Lime Rock. Event is for experienced (solo) drivers and runs 9am-1 pm, 4-20 minute sessions per group. I will be running and expect that Pete will be there, hope more of you can join us.
Steve

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
What about the raw noobs who haven't even been to BTA? Can you attend as a non-driving guest?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Anyone can come to LRP for free to check it out. Its a very cool little historic track. The club running the event is also one of my favorites. If you are new to track driving LRP is a great place to start. There will be events not too much later than this one for Novices. Full disclosure: I am a volunteer instructor with SCDA.

vikings138

Union Boss LS 211
NY
Hello Fellow boss owners. I am the owner of 2012 LS 211 I live in Northern Dutchess County NY. I am a about 45 min from Lime Rock (it could be 25 min, if you know what I mean). I have been wanting to bring my Laguna there, I just don't know how , what ,or even if I should ,do it. I did call there last year and they told me about SCDA. I looked them up on the internet and there were no events left in the season. Right now my Laguna is just a garage Queen, but I am iching to drive it like it was made for. Should I? Does It de-value the car putting it on the track? I'm sure it would be fun. And I know your going to ask me what did I buy it for, right? Well I bought it because I have always been a car guy. my first car was a Mustang 1973 Grande, since then I have owned many many cars, from 5 different Porsche 911's, old muscle cars to a DeLorean. I have never brought any of them to a track. I always thought about it, but I never really wanted to beat any of my cars. I always kept them really nice and got top dollar when I sold them. When the new BOSS came out I wanted one because it was something that not every one was going to be able to own. I love the fact that no matter where I go, no one has what I got. I mean there are only about 750 2012 Laguna Seca's on the Planet....and I own one! I also know myself, I can't keep cars forever. I am always looking to get something different. So should I track it or baby it? I do not want to beat it and make it worth Less money. for me this is a dilemma. Any advise? Maybe this is the car I keep forever!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Why don't you come by on 3/23 at LimeRock Park and see what it's all about. You won't be able to drive or get a hot lap, but you'll get a sense of what's involved. If you're like most of us, once you try it once you'll be hooked. Steve will be there and I probably will be also. To be honest, if you want to truly baby your car then the track is probably not the place you want to be. Not to say that you'll dent it up, but the wear and tear is a lot more than if you only drive it on the street. To us that love the sport, it's well worth the additional maintenance upkeep.

TMO Supporting Vendors