The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northwoods Shelby Club Annual event Road America 6/28-6/30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weather permitting (hopefully no snow!!)I will be participating in the Hooked On Driving (3/29) track day at Autobahn CC. BMW Club of America will also be there so should be fun playing with the M3s. Anyone else in let me know.

I will try to get to this event as Road America is my favorite track. I have driven several of my 1970 Bosses there before selling one and putting in a fresh motor in the other. New motor has no time other than the dyno runs. If you guys with the new ones run past me I just may have to bring the '13 LS up there to at least keep you in my sights. Not going to mod out the '13. I was following my son in his 911 C4 with my '03 Cobra when he went into the kink and decided to push one of the concrete barriers a bit out of line. No injury, but the 911 was toast. RA is a great track, fast and smooth once you get your corner entry points right. See you in a couple of months!

LS110 said:
I'll just be lucky to eat your dust for a few laps.
Let's just hope for good weather. I'm off to season my new rotors hoping for a better outcome than my second trip out there. Also going with Drew's suggestion on PFC01s to hopefully mitigate my penchant for destroying rotors.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

steveespo said:
Its going good. Got all the parts and the car is on the frame machine to check square and pull the quarter panel. I will be reassembling when you are at RA. Good luck and have a great time.
Steve
Good deal and thanks. To make you just a little more sad, my wife (a.k.a. "Mama T" at the track) just IM'd me that she's grilling kabobs for our trackside lunches. John and Chad will be happy :p

steveespo said:
Its going good. Got all the parts and the car is on the frame machine to check square and pull the quarter panel. I will be reassembling when you are at RA. Good luck and have a great time.
Steve

Glad to hear the reconstruction is going well. Bummer that you will not be there as I was looking forward to meeting you, and it sounds like you will be missing out on Mama T's kabobs 8)

Gary - I was reading the other post that is discussing tire pressures. Curious what you are planning to run cold at RA and if you have different settings right or left, front or rear?? Typically at BIR I am running 1.5 higher on my left side given all the right hand turns and was planning to start cold at 26 & 27.5. RA looks predominately right turns as well.

Thanks for that info Gary!! I am going to set-up my tires tomorrow.

FYI - Going without the Goat Piss this round just in case that was the cause of the blow outs. My nerves can't handle a 3rd blow out in three track days.

LS110 said:
Thanks for that info Gary!! I am going to set-up my tires tomorrow.

FYI - Going without the Goat Piss this round just in case that was the cause of the blow outs. My nerves can't handle a 3rd blow out in three track days.
That would be bad at RA :eek:

Ready to roll

y0mc.jpg

mcyb.jpg

iucd.jpg

36wd.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
You must be really excited to pack up this early. Have fun! How many sets of front brake pads do you have with you?
Well just had plenty of time today and since we're leaving early Thursday morning I figured I should get some work in this week. :D I think I have something like 4 and a half sets of front pads and no less than 3 backup sets of used rotors :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel