The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northwoods Shelby Club Annual event Road America 6/28-6/30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just a heads up for anyone interested, there is a big Shelby event with HPDE at Road America from June 28 to June 30. You have to be a club member but the dues are cheap and the 3 day is only $600, 2 day is $435. I am making the 980 mile trip and hope to see a lot of you there as well.
Steve

LS110 said:
Steve - This would be great to attend. A bit challenging with the family right before the 4th, but may be doable. Is there a website I can go to with more details?
John, the new photo of your BOSS looks fantastic. Don't let Pete see it!

NFSBOSS said:
John, the new photo of your BOSS looks fantastic. Don't let Pete see it!

Rick - Earlier in the week I had an opportunity to use a car photo studio that my clear bra installer has. Just got the hood and wing installed and will have to wait till next spring to test out. As of yesterday, the Boss is officially parked for the winter. :'(

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
LS110 said:
Steve - This would be great to attend. A bit challenging with the family right before the 4th, but may be doable. Is there a website I can go to with more details?

John
Sorry meant to post the link.
http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/category/newsandevents/
Registration is through MotorsportReg.com
Steve

NFSBOSS said:
Is your Boss ever driven on the street?

Not a lot, but yes, I drive it to work now and then and even that is a short distance. Not exactly street legal as I drove it to the bra installer with Conti's on one side and stock wheels and tires on the other so I could get photos of each, plus no license plate on the front.

cloud9 said:
LOL don't watch the crashes!!! ;)

Too late, the images are already set in my mind. As each of the crashes seem to be brake related, it is driving home the point for me to pay more attention to my brakes, and pit if I sense there is a problem, or better yet, see the problem before getting on the track. I should have done that at Chuckwalla before I trashed the rotors.

NFSBOSS said:
I think they should have been checking. Of course that didn't do any good either since I pointed out there were no pads left on my car. ::)

I could not agree more, although going forward I need to be in the habit of doing my own inspections so don't end up in one of those videos.

LS110 said:
Steve & Gary - Any suggestions on were to stay? I should probably get that booked as well.
We are staying at the Baymont Inn in Plymouth. I just took my lady to Palm Springs for the week so we're "slumming" it :D. The Osthoff is a really nice place. The Baymont is basically a Holiday Inn Express but has a lot big enough for the trailer the night before we leave.

GA
Hooked on Driving has a date in August the day after the Grand Am races. That would be a fun trip 8) (probably hot though).

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i would LOVE to go, but it probably won't work out. im originally from wisconsin, but never driven that course. i was a passenger in a race prepped NSX once. i have been trying to work out a trip back to drive it at an event, but it never works out. make plans to stay at the Osthoff Resort. its right down the road from the track (it may even be the closest accomodations?). its first rate all the way and is where i got married;)

TMO Supporting Vendors