The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northwoods Shelby Club Open Track Events (Road America/Autobahn/Blackhawk Farms)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Join the Northwoods Shelby Club at the following HPDE events:

-April 25 & 26 Road America: $250/single day, $425 both days.

-June 6 & 7 Autobahn Country Club: Saturday $230, running North Track 12:00pm-5:00 pm and full track from 5:30pm -8:30pm. Sunday $185, running South Track. $375/both days.

-July 2-5 Road America: Thursday, 7/2, is a true open track day run as much as you want, $425, stipulations apply. Friday, Saturday, Sunday: $275/single day, $485/two days, $685/three days.

-August 22 & 23 Blackhawk Farms: $195/single day, $340/both days.

-All makes welcome. For additional information please see: https://www.nwshelbyclub.com/

-Registration link to all events: https://northwoodsshelbyclub.motorsportreg.com/

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
192 Cobra and Saleen 367...... Great to see you posting and we hope both of you are going to the RA Event in April? That would be a great way to meet more of the Track Addicts from TMO!!

The poster is accurate as we all need some fodder for the Fords to dominate over!

We love kids. Bring the little one. Tyme can teach Spelling. Bill modern poetry. I can teach philosophy. It will be a great time. Unless family services finds out. :rolleyes:

Tyme: spell Cross Plane
Bill; i will hit that Apex sam i am, i will hit it here or there, i will hit it everywhere.
TMS: Now Tonymustang302Jr, lets look into the philosophy behind the dodge charger fanbois yellow splitter guards

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tony, that rhyme is on the money, and it sure is damn funny, but please, my man , when it comes to the buying the rim, you just can't go slim, and if you want to be hot on the track , get a sticky tire, you will be so fast , you will be on fire! Sakes alive , if the little one is five , just put them down by a wheel, and let them think their job is for real , while the young colt tightens a bolt, don't get in a panic , just let them know at the race track they happen to be your Chief Mechanic!

Tyme --- hint, Kross Plain is not correct.

Oh, no, I might have to tell you the story behind the story on the yellow splitter guards.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
OK. This is rigged. You provided Tyme with his answers.

Although my topic is easy to address.

The yellow splitter guard is a symptom of two very serious problems. 1. Alcoholism. 2. Not enough testosterone amongst Challenger owners.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Using Paul Harvey's " The Rest of the Story, " I can add some background on the yellow splitter guard on the Challenger SRT8s, Hellcats, Demons, etc. Mark Jorgensen and I ( Mark was the Woodhouse Motorsports Director and now is Parts and Shop Mgr for our Bentley Store ) have always been accused of being quite anal about the cars we got in ( Vipers, SRT Challengers , SRT8 Jeeps, etc. ) and we always had two individuals check in the vehicles when they came off the trucks. The front chin splitter was invariably scraped, so we would note it on the shipping release form and order a new one 75% of the time. The splitter is super low , right at build specs, and knowing our customers were super picky too, we made sure this problem was addressed. FCA noticed number of replacements going to Woodhouse and actually contacted us about the issue and we suggested they look into the problem Nationwide. It appeared to be more of a concern than anyone realized and a remedy was then in the works. We actually got a call from a very well known FCA Executive ( true gearhead himself ) letting us know we would no longer have a problem. The yellow guards were born, and I will have to admit I did not expect the desire to have them stay on, but customers insisted they not be removed. I think it is a bit funny, but over the years I have seen so many peculiar things happen in the automotive industry I kind of go with the flow .

No haters now, I sell a bunch of Fords too, and I own a Blue Oval Boss Beast !!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So currently the following are signed up for April:
1. Tyme
2. TMS
3. Tonymustang302
4. Jimmybana
5. Jeffbrady
6. Bill Pemberton

So add your name if you will be there in April ? You guys can question Tyme, TMS and myself about the Mustang Roundup later in the year ,where you can meet even more Trackmustangmaniacs!

Last edited:
it’s not my fault you guys didnt consult with my co-parenting schedule...... i have to wait til december to get my f-250 and enclosed trailer So if i brakes it......i can takes it.

sidenote.....i just got my TMO shirt today.....bill told me it shaves 30seconds off lap times when worn in car.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Join the Northwoods Shelby Club at the following HPDE events:

-April 25 & 26 Road America: $250/single day, $425 both days.

-June 6 & 7 Autobahn Country Club: Saturday $230, running North Track 12:00pm-5:00 pm and full track from 5:30pm -8:30pm. Sunday $185, running South Track. $375/both days.

-July 2-5 Road America: Thursday, 7/2, is a true open track day run as much as you want, $425, stipulations apply. Friday, Saturday, Sunday: $275/single day, $485/two days, $685/three days.

-August 22 & 23 Blackhawk Farms: $195/single day, $340/both days.

-All makes welcome. For additional information please see: https://www.nwshelbyclub.com/

-Registration link to all events: https://northwoodsshelbyclub.motorsportreg.com/
Hey @192cobra - I saw this posted over on DSMtuners as well... are you an old DSMer?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
TonyStang.........the 30 seconds you save on track wearing your TMO T-Shirt are nothing compared to the major intimidation you will cause other drivers when they see you are a TMO Trackasaurus! The fear in their eyes of being on track with a TMO member is quite apparent and it means you will get plenty of easy pass byes!!!

This is where all non track car related discussions should be had. Easy on the politics.

i meant do i ask in the politics section lol.....i know very well never go down that road.

TMO Supporting Vendors