The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northwoods Shelby Club Open Track Events (Road America/Autobahn/Blackhawk Farms)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
192 Cobra and Saleen 367...... Great to see you posting and we hope both of you are going to the RA Event in April? That would be a great way to meet more of the Track Addicts from TMO!!

The poster is accurate as we all need some fodder for the Fords to dominate over!
As much as I would love to be there in April, the idea of an HPDE event while the snow is still melting in the paddock messes with my head. ;)
All kidding aside, not sure I want to commit to April yet, but am registered for July and plan on Blackhawk Farms as well. I even talked a co-worker into running RA with his GT350. Should be a good time.

As much as I would love to be there in April, the idea of an HPDE event while the snow is still melting in the paddock messes with my head. ;)
All kidding aside, not sure I want to commit to April yet, but am registered for July and plan on Blackhawk Farms as well. I even talked a co-worker into running RA with his GT350. Should be a good time.

i’ll be at the july one and planning Blackhawk too

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Attention , attention.............!!! Checked and there are only JimmyB, JeffB, KirkL, and myself listed for the April Road America event on Motorsports Regs. I know there are at least 4 others going , but the one issue could be that you have to fill out their Tech Inspection within 24 hours of registration before you are a confirmed registrant. So if you are not listed , you may not have done this. I am sure there are even more than the 4 I mentioned, but I do not know everyone's actual name, so chime in if you are going?? I am posting this so folks can also check on their registration since without a Tech sheet they are likely not in the queue , even though they believe they are. Be cool if we get 10 or more TMO folks there , as that would make us the dominant Club for sure!!

That would be a great number since currently there are only 13 Mustangs signed up ---- before the event is over we should be able to get all of the Blue Oval Attendees to sign up on TMO!!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
TonyStang ........sorry I was just referring to the Road America Event at the end of April, because I checked the Participants and noted quite a few TMO members were not listed ( in two cases I knew they had registered earlier).

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tony, should have been a bit clearer, my bad, and glad you are able to go to one of their track events!! You are way ahead of schedule and I had a couple of guys contact me and say they are going , but had not actually signed up yet.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Fixed that. For some reason the site kept sending me to the 2019 tech sheet. Then, as shocking as it was, would Not accept an old tech sheet. All good now.

Roll bar and harnesses are installed. New pads and a quick check of “Vital Fluids” and I will be ready to go.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great Trace, looking forward to the weekend and there sure looks like there will be a good showing of TMO Tracksters!!??

Looks like 15 Mustangs now listed , along with a 66 GT40 and MK II and a couple of Spec Racer Fords.

Last edited:
Great Trace, looking forward to the weekend and there sure looks like there will be a good showing of TMO Tracksters!!??

Looks like 15 Mustangs now listed , along with a 66 GT40 and MK II and a couple of Spec Racer Fords.

so upset im missing this, but i need more experience.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Not overly surprised about the amount of Mustangs since it is put on by the Northwoods Shelby Club. My Porsche buddy tells me they're a great bunch of guys.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Against the advice of the dark (winter) side of my brain, I'm also signing up for April Spring Fling after a 25 year hiatus driving RA. I'll use it as a way to get reacquainted with the track, learn the limits of the car and dodge snow balls.
Notice how 1 day of weather in the 60's changes my demeanor? :D
Here's a pic of my last outing ...

RASaleen1993-1.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
An email I got from the Northwood Shellby club. As of now, they plan on running the event.

"With Covid-19 dominating the news, we wanted to let everyone know that as of
right now the April Road America event is being held as planned.

The only reason the event would be cancelled is if Road America were told by
county, state, or federal authorities to do so. If that happens, full entry
fees will be refunded or credited to your Motorsportreg.com account.

We are waiving the $50 late fee for the April event. Registration will still
close on Thursday, April 16. On-site registration will be available.
On-site entry fee: $350 for one day or $525 for both days.

As we all know, this situation changes daily. If there are any updates
regarding the event, you will know as soon as we know. "

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I sure hope so as found out I have been running all last year with my rear shocks pounding the bump stops and the left front one is not leaking ( anymore ) , since it is completely dry ----no fluid. Figure I might run a bit better with 4 properly adjusted shocks than 3 improper ones, haha. Figure the 10 person rule announced yesterday could screw this up, but heck no one will be very close over the zillion acres Road America encompasses so here's hoping for good news!!??

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
saleen367
Its an inside joke between Bill, Tyme and I. Bill is an amazing driver and coach. His knowledge of all things track is phenomenal. His ability to have others change tires on his racecar, also legendary.
Who loves ya Bill??

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I already figured it out , Trace can change the right side while Tyme is on the left ........I will stand back behind the car so we don't abuse the 6 foot rule of social distancing.

TMO Supporting Vendors