The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northwoods Shelby Club Open Track Events (Road America/Autobahn/Blackhawk Farms)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
see we’re in the business of making excuses.😄😄😄😄😄
Nope. A man has got to know his (Cars) limitations. I prefer buying parts from Midway Mustang not selling pieces to them. Be patient city boy. 😀

saleen367
Its an inside joke between Bill, Tyme and I. His ability to have others change tires on his racecar, also legendary.
How loves ya Bill??
I already figured it out , Trace can change the right side while Tyme is on the left ........I will stand back behind the car so we don't abuse the 6 foot rule of social distancing.
I'm late to the party, only just saw this thread!

Bill is a good friend, who is way ahead of his Tyme. Here he is practicing social distancing last October at Autobahn!

sGQHfnpuTFydwYuFiMwVGA.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Social aware, socially acceptable , and distancing myself from work, has always been my motto................

Tracy and Tyme know I have a bad back and are always very helpful , but I am sure pleased I have helped them understand the current method of how we should interact with each other, haha!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I can't speak for Tracy but I never mind helping Bill out when I can, It helps me feel like I'm part of a winning team. That rascal can sure drive the wheels off his Boss!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks Gentlemen , and I definitely owe you both a bit more advice on improving your track prowess , though at this point the help you need is just primarily fine tuning ---- something all of us must continue to do, forever!!!

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It's official. I'm totally bummed but certainly understand. Email from the Club.

"I'm sure it comes as no surprise, but our April Spring Fling Road America event is officially canceled.

The decision was made late yesterday afternoon after a call with Road America. We'd like to thank everyone who did sign up.

All entry fees will be refunded on your C/C or you can also choose a credit which will be added to your Motorsportreg.com account. If you would like a credit on your Motorsportreg.com account, reply back to this email and state “I would like a credit.” The credit will be good at any remaining event this year or any of our events next year. No need to reply back if you want a refund.

Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you all at Autobahn in June, Road America in July or Blackhawk in August."

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks have been checking and figured it would have to come about since the State of Wisconsin had instituted a " Stay at Home," order and that essentially shut down the event possibilities.

Will the refund be done automatically since done through Motorsport Regs, or is there a contact point?

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Sounds like you have a choice to be refunded by credit card or for Motorsport to have a credit for you on file. Do nothing and they will refund the money on you CC.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Same here but very disappointed that I can't strike RA off my track bucket-list this year. NASA has also cancelled all their track days through April. Not sure May will look any better. Only thing I got going now is the AutoX in Steamboat in June and for now, the Roundup in Hasting in October. This COVID-19 things needs some serious ass-kicking.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
In the case that some have not checked their emails as of late;

"AUTOBAHN UPDATE: It looks like Autobahn will happen. We spoke to them
yesterday and they are confident about our event after speaking with the
governor's office. We have waived the late fee for this event. Registration will
close on Thursday, 5/28, at 11:59 PM CST. There will be new policies to follow.
Both Autobahn and NWSC waivers will be emailed to everyone registered on
June 1. You will print and sign both waivers and bring them with you. For
newbies there will be no in-car instruction. Instruction will be done via
lead/follow. Depending on the number of drivers registered there may be up to four
driver's meetings. THERE WILL BE NO SPECTATORS. Drivers will be allowed to
have three "crew members" attend. Everyone will have to wear a mask at all
times. The only time you won't be wearing a mask is when you are in your car."

"ROAD AMERICA UPDATE: Group 1, our advanced group, is sold out on Friday and
Saturday. A wait list has been started. Early registration ends June 5.
Registrations received after that will be charged an additional late fee of $75.
As of right now Road America will follow the same new polices in place for
Autobahn. The only exception to that is regarding spectators. That decision
will be made mid-June."

"BLACKHAWK FARMS UPDATE: Because Blackhawk isn't until the end of August no
one knows what to expect. Worst case is we follow what we did at Autobahn and
Road America."

TMO Supporting Vendors