The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Not a Boss Owner but ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OAC_Sparky said:
The only thing Boss related that I've seen lately is a memo relating to the Leguna Seca spelling out the conditions of the waiver the customers must sign; The dealer will not install the LS front splitter as it's not road legal (the customer has to install it himself), and it will void certain warranties (I'm assuming front bumper for sure and maybe >>this is is just an educated guess, ie MY OPINION<< I could see an issue with the airbag system (ie the splitter hitting road debris firing an airbag)). The other parts will be installed by the dealer (ie the trans cooler and the brake duct kit) after the waiver is signed, the concern is ground clearance with the cooler. If you choose not to sign the waiver you still get the parts in a big box -- but the customer is on the hook to install all the parts and they would be treated like any other aftermarket install.
That is interesting. Apparently my dealer didn't get the memo yet lol. He's an enthusiast and had installed both the scoop and ducts on his car the night before. He came in the following morning when my car came in and had the scoop on and was tearing into the ducts with one of the techs by the time I got there in the morning. I guess he'll probably serve the waiver on me at some point :)

cloud9 said:
That is interesting. Apparently my dealer didn't get the memo yet lol. He's an enthusiast and had installed both the scoop and ducts on his car the night before. He came in the following morning when my car came in and had the scoop on and was tearing into the ducts with one of the techs by the time I got there in the morning. I guess he'll probably serve the waiver on me at some point :)
Well TBH the memo relates to the Leguna Seca's only and are shipped with those parts. That's why there's a waiver, because it comes straight from Ford. Your dealer putting on "aftermarket" parts would be the responsibility of the dealer.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel