The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Not a Boss Owner but ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

... since I'm persona non grata at TMS I thought I'd stick my head in and say that it's good to see you guys are finally getting your cars in! ;D

I'll see you guys around if you frequent the "other" forums I go by the same username. Have fun with the new toys.

Matt.

Not everyone here is going to be a Boss owner. I am here because I can identify with the Boss objective much better than the GT500 objective.

OAC_Sparky said:
... since I'm persona non grata at TMS I thought I'd stick my head in and say that it's good to see you guys are finally getting your cars in! ;D

I'll see you guys around if you frequent the "other" forums I go by the same username. Have fun with the new toys.

Matt.
Thanks for dropping by Matt. Hope to see you around. Thanks for your help getting info on our cars on the other forums.

Welcome Matt,
I am also onTMS. Can you answer a question for me ? Does Ford use calender for quarters or do they have their own system for quarter's when talking about builds ?
Thanks,
Fred

AFAIK, it's calander/fiscal quarters. Without knowing how late into 2012 they will building Bosses there may be a little fudge-factor but basically calander.

OAC_Sparky said:
AFAIK, it's calander/fiscal quarters. Without knowing how late into 2012 they will building Bosses there may be a little fudge-factor but basically calander.
That's good to know. I have a Q2 build so I'm still hopeful it will be here by the Grand Am race at Laguna Seca on July 8-9. Not sure what happened at TMS but glad to see you here and welcome to Boss Mustangs Online!

What's the status of your 2012 Kona Blue 5.0?

5 DOT 0 said:
Not sure what happened at TMS but glad to see you here and welcome to Boss Mustangs Online!
Thanks.

What happened at TMS is no big secret - there are a few people that I've talked to on TMS that know; I realize that there 2 sides to every story, but this is mine:

In the "My 2012 GT showed up but ..." thread I took issue with a rant Cdynaco made about "uncaring" factory workers being responsible for the OP's car being delivered muddy. See post #9 where it started (this is the thread as it was before it was edited by Scothew)
http://www.lytspd.com/OAC_Sparky/well-my-2012-gt-showed-.pdf

Anyways, as you can see the issue I had was that neither the OP's problem nor Cdynaco's FRPP problem had anything to do with "lazy union workers". He was just being a tool.

I've got nothing personal against Scothew but I was PO'd that he took sides. Yeah, I shouldn't have lost my temper, but at the same time I don't think it was fair that he lets his buddy Cdynaco run down and stereotype other people who aren't responsible for his problems and aren't there to defend themselves (especially after the effort I put in to help people on the forum -- I AM one of the people he was stereotyping) but I get admonished for telling him to GFY. Instead of locking the thread down or telling us both to STFU he decided to target me.

I could see that the writing was on the wall so since I figured the banhammer was going to come down I removed all "personally identifiable info" and Scothew took that as a sign I wanted to be banned and gave me the boot.

What's the status of your 2012 Kona Blue 5.0?

Meh, I'm subject to the same BS you guys are with the allocation crap; my dealer had an allocation for this week --he has one more GT ahead of me, this morning they pulled a V6 that had a higher priority number (ie. lower priority) and was ordered 2 weeks ago when I had my order in at the end of January and the guy before me was December ... at this rate it's not going to get built until the end of April if I'm lucky ... :mad:

cloud9 said:
Big Vito said:
Latest I heard was a build date of the 21st of March, still no window sticker and an ETA of April 4th
It's got to be close then.......is your dealer keeping you up to date?
Not like I would like, I think my car will be built the week of the 28th.
I looked at there inventory and it looked like they have a handful of 2012 mustangs already.

cloud9 said:
Hey Matt, there are rumors floating again on some forums that the Boss is on material hold. Any truth to that?
TBH I can't say yes or no; I haven't been really actively tracking new Boss orders since TMS, apart from the few people I was helping out already.

I'd need a few dealer/order numbers to look for a material hold; the only few Boss orders I've seen that are waiting to get serialized are just showing that they are awaiting allocation like normal.

The only thing Boss related that I've seen lately is a memo relating to the Leguna Seca spelling out the conditions of the waiver the customers must sign; The dealer will not install the LS front splitter as it's not road legal (the customer has to install it himself), and it will void certain warranties (I'm assuming front bumper for sure and maybe >>this is is just an educated guess, ie MY OPINION<< I could see an issue with the airbag system (ie the splitter hitting road debris firing an airbag)). The other parts will be installed by the dealer (ie the trans cooler and the brake duct kit) after the waiver is signed, the concern is ground clearance with the cooler. If you choose not to sign the waiver you still get the parts in a big box -- but the customer is on the hook to install all the parts and they would be treated like any other aftermarket install.

OAC_Sparky said:
cloud9 said:
Hey Matt, there are rumors floating again on some forums that the Boss is on material hold. Any truth to that?
TBH I can't say yes or no; I haven't been really actively tracking new Boss orders since TMS, apart from the few people I was helping out already.

I'd need a few dealer/order numbers to look for a material hold; the only few Boss orders I've seen that are waiting to get serialized are just showing that they are awaiting allocation like normal.

The only thing Boss related that I've seen lately is a memo relating to the Leguna Seca spelling out the conditions of the waiver the customers must sign; The dealer will not install the LS front splitter as it's not road legal (the customer has to install it himself), and it will void certain warranties (I'm assuming front bumper for sure and maybe >>this is is just an educated guess, ie MY OPINION<< I could see an issue with the airbag system (ie the splitter hitting road debris firing an airbag)). The other parts will be installed by the dealer (ie the trans cooler and the brake duct kit) after the waiver is signed, the concern is ground clearance with the cooler. If you choose not to sign the waiver you still get the parts in a big box -- but the customer is on the hook to install all the parts and they would be treated like any other aftermarket install.
Thanks for the update. Your point about the LS splitter and the airbag is appreciated. I was never going to buy one for my Boss but if I had an LS that would be critical information for me.

I can give you my reorder information but it's a Q2 car so it won't help you out as far as tracking any delays.

TMO Supporting Vendors