The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Not a very good week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First UPS lost my DS. Then tonight my daughter and I were in a car accident. My daughter is fine but I messed up my neck. Can't turn my head at all and I have a major headache. Xrays don't show any major damage so I should be fine in a couple weeks.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Ouch

Get well soon.

Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt.

Cars can be replaced.....even a Boss.

My daughter has hit last Labor Day. Totaled her mustang. She has a little bruised, but ok.

Next week has to be better ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
NewBossowner said:
First UPS lost my DS. Then tonight my daughter and I were in a car accident. My daughter is fine but I messed up my neck. Can't turn my head at all and I have a major headache. Xrays don't show any major damage so I should be fine in a couple weeks.

If you have a major headache you may want to get what's called an Impact Test. Concussions are taken much more seriously than in the past, and not only for youngsters. An impact test will allow you to understand the severity of the injury and create a baseline to allow you to see how you improve as you fell better. The Impact test was developed at Penn State and funded by the Pittsburgh Steelers owners, the Rooney family.

My younger son just went through this and the tests were very helpful.

No, we were in the wifes car. My daughter doesn't drive stick yet. She is fine, she was leaning back in her seat when we were hit and the wifes car has high back buckets so she was well supported. The guy that hit us said " I looked and thought you were going to turn the corner".
Doesn't change the fact it was a red light and we all had to stop for it, he didn't even slow down.

I have to go see my regular doctor tomorrow and he will I am sure setup a bunch more tests. I still can't turn my head and I still have a headache.

Sounds like the guy that hit you didn't have his eyes on the road ahead of him for some reason...texting...changing the radio station...trying to pick up the french fry he dropped... you name it. I'm sure he was ticketed...time to get a good lawyer for your pain & suffering & medical bills.

TMO Supporting Vendors