The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Not my week!! Mega fuse blew at the shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hi, my car is still in the shop for various ailments, got a call that the steering was not working. Found a TSB about lack of communication with pscm, then through that, found that the mega fuse was blown. I think its most likely due to a badly reconnected battery that grounded ...? Or could it be something more serious?

Shop is offering to jury rig it for a competition this weekend since Ford Chile does not have the part till next week. any thoughts... :(

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Probably someone tagged the battery terminal with a wrench while it was still connected or something like that. I blew out mine doing that.

Order two...keep one as a spare. They are about $13 USD.

Here is the PN:

Dc44QHb.jpg

I'd be cautious about a temp fix that could lead to bigger problems.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I don't know what they have in mind to "Jury Rig" your car, but this could be dangerous. I suspect this fuse is common to other Mustangs, so can't you find a donor car to borrow the part while your part is on order? Like another car down in the body shop, another Mustang down with back ordered parts?

Just a thought,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors