The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

OBDII adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobra700 said:
$7 bucks? :eek:
Might have to order one up! Thanks!
Does this work with a iPhone app or only android torque??

It works with Torque, have not tried any others. But it is a generic so it should work with other apps just fine.

Ordered one poor man's scanner also :-[. if it does work, its the buy of the month.
Thank you to the OP!
And I have to agree with your screen name. WinterSucks. We are getting hammered again with snow in southern central NJ. Skys are a real nice shade of gray. They say up to 10" of the white fluffy stuff. O Joy.

superhero said:
Ordered one poor man's scanner also :-[. if it does work, its the buy of the month.
Thank you to the OP!
And I have to agree with your screen name. WinterSucks. We are getting hammered again with snow in southern central NJ. Skys are a real nice shade of gray. They say up to 10" of the white fluffy stuff. O Joy.

I am going to drive the crap out of the Boss this spring :)

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
YellowJacketBoss302 said:
Anyone tried it with Harry's lap timer yet?

Tried it with Harrys, and Android...and have to say VERY FRUSTRATING....was very unreliable, I finally ditched Harrys and just used Track Addict. I dont think its the adapter though, it seems more like the app to me. Anyone else have better luck??

I just got mine today and cannot get it to locate the Wi-Fi.

I've tried on the iPhone 6 with no luck and have even tried using the laptop with no luck either. Can anyone possibly help with this matter?

When I looked at the troubleshooting it states: "Check that the vehicle has power and a red light is illuminated on the ELM327; Be sure Bluetooth or WiFi is enabled on the receiving device (i.e.. laptop or smartphone)"

I've done this and the only thing I noticed is I could not see nor find any "red light" on the ELM327. Has anyone else seen this or not seen this?

Everything points towards a defective product.

SUPRMN said:
I just got mine today and cannot get it to locate the Wi-Fi.

I've tried on the iPhone 6 with no luck and have even tried using the laptop with no luck either. Can anyone possibly help with this matter?

When I looked at the troubleshooting it states: "Check that the vehicle has power and a red light is illuminated on the ELM327; Be sure Bluetooth or WiFi is enabled on the receiving device (i.e.. laptop or smartphone)"

I've done this and the only thing I noticed is I could not see nor find any "red light" on the ELM327. Has anyone else seen this or not seen this?

Everything points towards a defective product.

Same Problem, at least with my iPhone I cannot detect a WiFi or Bluetooth signal with the unit plugged into the OBDII port. Kinda hard to move forward from there....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel