The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

OBDII adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here is a two-year-old forum posting from the author of RaceChrono -- which is the track app I use on my Galaxy S5 -- regarding different OBD-II readers. Based on the findings, I purchased the "China Blue"... which has worked flawlessly.

There is a "China White" and a larger "China Black", but nothing that matches the OP's OBD-II reader.....

Based on a related post at RaceChrono, I also purchased the external Dual XGPS 160 GPS receiver.... which also has worked flawlessly.

It seems like only iPhone users are having issues. At least the few here. I would definitely go through the reviews on the site and see if anyone there had issues and resolved them. Otherwise I would contact banggood for a return. I only have Androids.

I was able to get it paired to my Surface Pro 3 via Bluetooth, even thought the instructions seem to suggest a WiFi connection. When I tried to load the included software, however, I got a trojan horse warning from my virus software! At the moment I'm looking to download something safer from the Surface store and try to work with that.

iPhone still sees no signal at all coming from the dongle.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel