The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Observation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesterday I was stopping at a red light and newer SS Camaro was turning in front of me. I rev'd the Boss loud enough for him to hear and after he finished his turn he stomped on it (WOT) leaving a 10 foot burnout (it sounded awesome). My thoughts at the time were (a) was he giving the Boss a salute. (b) showing off. (c) showing his Chevy over Ford attitude or (d) all of the above.Before the light turned I just smiled realizing my little rev provoked that response... ;)

Probably all of the above but it's all good. 8)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I've noticed in my parts, Camaro Drivers are either like the above, flashy, real flashy, or they are ultra conservative Not much in between, other than an occasional wheel and tire package.

2HP

I had a similar experience with a Hellcat guy a few months ago. But he spun 180 trying to show off is 700hp ::)

None of these car will ever have the cool factor, or hold their value like the Boss......enough said 8)

k98dave said:
I had a similar experience with a Hellcat guy a few months ago. But he spun 180 trying to show off is 700hp ::)

None of these car will ever have the cool factor, or hold their value like the Boss......enough said 8)
The Camaro with its Stone Age 1955 engine design depends on large displacement to compensate for its lack of modernization. At least they have added an oil filter.

I agree a thousand percent. Back in the late 60's & early 70's everybody on the planet had a hi-performance car to sell you. Those days disappeared only to come back recently, with very fewer options. I cannot believe the HP & performance being offered in today's market. I'm glad I was around to see both times.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Was passing Camaro's left and right this past weekend including a Z28. Every time he saw me coming he pointed by early. ;D
NASA_Lightning_Track_Day_June_2016_IV.jpg

But to be fair was passing GT350s too. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors