The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Oct

October 10/11 - Buttonwillow - NASA SoCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
I had registered way back in July for this, and in HPDE4, but strongly thinking about Time Trials. Who knows what'll happen in the time until then.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Is wills crew going?
I'm not his babysitter... but with it being a NASA event, I'd believe so. Business wise, it'd be where most of his existing and potential clients would be. Racing wise, this season is so screwed up, I think people are just looking to get out and get those competitive juices flowing.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
@67GTA are you going to this?
Not sure yet. For sure running ACS the weekend before with Speed Ventures - just trying to decide if I want to go 2 days at ACS and skip NASA, or split and do 1 day at ACS and 1 day at Buttonwillow. I would like to get back to Buttonwillow, but flashbacks to the June train-fest with NASA have me seriously wanting to skip it.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
Not sure yet. For sure running ACS the weekend before with Speed Ventures - just trying to decide if I want to go 2 days at ACS and skip NASA, or split and do 1 day at ACS and 1 day at Buttonwillow. I would like to get back to Buttonwillow, but flashbacks to the June train-fest with NASA have me seriously wanting to skip it.
That's fair. I hope it's not a train-fest.
Either way, it'd be nice to see more TMO guys there

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
I'll be there on Oct 11 in HPDE 4 with my GT350R (blue w/white stripes, #787).

Feel free to say hi!
Well click the going button so we can brag that this is going to have the most TMO members at it of any TMO meet EVAR.
No, I didn't fact check that, so, fake news up in this beech!

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Random question: does anyone know if the onsite restaurant is open during COVID?
Good question, it previously has. The standard main door is locked, can only enter from the track side, and they've got all the tables lined up so you zigzag through and keep distance. then you order and GTFO, everything by the pickup window. They kinda slack things if you're ordering stuff from Cali photo, but I believe the gift store was closed too. That was a few months ago when Covid scares were at their highest, so they could have lessened things, but I'd expect it to be open still.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
What group are you guys running in? I'll be there in American Iron, Race group C. Too bad only two of us are signed up.
HPDE4 for the time being. Hoping I can jump on the on-site dyno, which was missing last time, and get a tech inspection to see how close I can come to getting a logbook. Thinking ST2 next year. Would love to pick your brain there.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Nice meeting you all this weekend. I'm getting sunburned no matter what, but nice to see that the weather had cooperated and didn't pull 110+ degree stuff like it had on previous weekends. Was a treat running those CCW configurations which are differently fun and challenging, not that CW13 is boring.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Los Angeles
It was great meeting all of you this weekend as well! Hopefully your clutch is an easy fix! The weather was a pleasant surprise for BW! Certainly made it a less exhausting weekend! I'm back there this Sunday with Speed Ventures for the usual 13CW.

TMO Supporting Vendors