The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

odd Request: Owner not using their track attack package

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If anyone out there who purchased their vehicle this year is not using the Track Attack offer, please PM Me. I have some questions.

Thanks,

All I have to say is if there is anybody out there who has not made up their mind yet, DO IT.
I was not sure if I could really swing it with everything that is going on in my life right now. I am so glad that I did, it is a once in a lifetime deal that you will probably regret not doing.
They are great at MMP and go all out to make sure you have the best time. And all I can say about the hot laps with the instructor is HOLY S#!T.

not at all. I understand its an odd thing to ask : ) Any information on the track and feedback is good too

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
askjeffro said:
Your killing the OP's goal, lol.

Well, technically the OPs goal isn't really achievable....they are pretty strict about the original owner being the only one that can use the offer. They grab all of your info down to purchase date and dealer.

Boostd4 said:
Well, technically the OPs goal isn't really achievable....they are pretty strict about the original owner being the only one that can use the offer. They grab all of your info down to purchase date and dealer.

my goal is easily achievable.

talk to someone. who isnt going. ask some questions.

Daisuke149 said:
If anyone out there who purchased their vehicle this year is not using the Track Attack offer, please PM Me. I have some questions.

Thanks,
If you find someone, and this is important, you are brother in-laws or somehow related. ;) Trust me on this.

Do they offer a discount or anything for those who purchased a used Boss? I assume that even if they don't we can still pay for the Track Attack

raptor said:
Do they offer a discount or anything for those who purchased a used Boss? I assume that even if they don't we can still pay for the Track Attack

Yes and no. I was told that "track attack" itself is only for the original Boss owners or their family/relative designee. You can pay to go but you will not be assigned to a Boss, but rather a Track prepped GT Mustang on day 1 and if you chose to do day 2 you can upgrade to the FR500 or remain in the GT. Again...this is what I was told and it may not be gospel. I have not heard any stories of subsequent Boss owners being allowed to drive Miller's Bosses for track attack. I know that sometime next year after the program is finished they will be selling their fleet of Bosses.

They have the standard Ford Racing School you can go to if you aren't an original owner. It won't be in a Boss or with the Boss Track Attack class. I assume the training would be the same, just done in a GT.

The OP never really said what his intentions are, so this may not be relevant.

GA
I am planning on going to the MMP 3-day or full racing license school with FR500S upgrade for my 50th Birthday in a few years. Other than a few extra Boss-specific things, driving Boss cars, and some VIP treatment, the regular 1-day and 2-day school is probably very similar to TA.

I am going to drive the wheels off of their cars. :)

I bought mine slightly used and was told the only option was the Mustang Challenge cars. They did offer a 10% discount, but it was still more than the Boss Attack.

If you are eligible...do it!!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Know most of the Instructors at the school, work at a huge Ford Dealership, chatted with our Rep, and unless you are a relative, it won't fly if someone is not using their TA Package. Had two opportunities , and neither would work - even though I have the Boss in my garage and the offer was extended by the original owner.

TMO Supporting Vendors