The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Odometer Reading @ Delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had about 12 I think. I've heard that there is some sort of procedure done with all new cars by the delivery guys when new vehicles are unloaded from the truck at the dealer. Can't really remember what it was specifically though. I also wonder if the cars are QA'd at the factory before they're loaded. In any case, I didn't get the impression my dealer took it for a test drive before I took delivery. But I guess you never know....

I'm picking mine up tonight, I'll be curious to see how many miles are on it. Talked to my salesman and he said he was going to have it PDI'd and then he'd fill up the tank. He said he wouldn't let any of the "younger" kids near it......

The dealer should really take it out of transport mode when prepping it for you, don't know if all of them do it however.
I can't really remember the sequence, something like stepping on the brakes, then turning the key to on, then touching the brakes again, or something similiar would take it out of transport mode.
I would really prefer it if I could let it come out of transport mode on it's own - 5 continuous miles of driving, or so many starts etc.

Mine had 8 miles on it when I first came to look at it and 10 after PDI, full fuel tank, and LS parts were added

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
jimprw said:
I've heard that there is some sort of procedure done with all new cars by the delivery guys when new vehicles are unloaded from the truck at the dealer.

That is the "5 miles of burnouts behind the service department building" procedure... :eek:

Mine had 7miles on it when it came off the truck and 12 miles on it when I went to pick it up. I guessing they drove it the 5 miles to get it out of transport mode. They must have not know about the other method, or did and beat on it for 5 miles. :eek:

BossJockey said:
Mine had 7miles on it when it came off the truck and 12 miles on it when I went to pick it up. I guessing they drove it the 5 miles to get it out of transport mode. They must have not know about the other method, or did and beat on it for 5 miles.

I thought that was one of the purposes for the transport mode, enough power to get it off and on rails and trucks and keep us from thinking it's had some beat time on it.

302BOB said:
What does "transport mode" do, limit RPM's?

I do not remember but is something like that and maybe a speed limiter also. You can still keep up with traffic and the car is not dead but it does not act like a Boss that is for sure.

Dean#4AI said:
Mine had 26 miles with 16 done at the factory for quality check.

22 - 16 at the factory also

Gearhead31 said:
I'm picking mine up tonight, I'll be curious to see how many miles are on it. Talked to my salesman and he said he was going to have it PDI'd and then he'd fill up the tank. He said he wouldn't let any of the "younger" kids near it......

I took mine for the gas with my salesman, he was afraid to drive it. Later when I took the internet manager out for a ride the transport mode switched off. When the internet manger told my sales guy that he said with a shocked look on is face "you mean it goes faster then when I was in it, I am not ever going for a ride with you again" They told me I was the first person to ever take a new car for the first tank, I felt special but I guess it was the Boss that was special ;D

16.9 for me - not sure how many were at the dealer or factory. I asked my dealer to limit the mileage to the bare minimum before it arrived. When I took teh car for the first ride with the sales guy I said..."16.9 miles, someone must have had a good time before I got here." He denied that they drove it. I didnt belive him but now that some of you are saying they test some of them at the factory, I may have overeacted. :-\

*****I just posted this on my aeroforce gauge thread. 10 minutes into my 20 min drive home tonight my engine light went on. stayed on for 15 seconds. car flet down on power. continued my drive home (conservatively). when I got home I smelt something buring. looked under the hood and the coolant resevior hose had come off the radiator, causing all the coolant to spill out.

Check your hoses...mine seemed very lose when i put it back on. I will be replacing the clamp. Does anyone know if this may have caused severe damage. i'd expect that it would have shut off before overheating but can't find any info on whether the car is equiped to shut down in an overheating situation. *****

Bought her on Friday, had 7.2 miles. Had it trucked out to my place, then had 7.4 miles when set of in the driveway.

Stef

TMO Supporting Vendors