The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

OE SIZE TIRES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Bridgestone RE71Rs are a great choice, as they are currently the hot leader for street tires in SCCA Autocrosses, plus they are a solid track tire -- recent tests show them equal or better than a Toyo R888 ( DOT comp. tire ). So you have a tire for the street with good grip , okay in the rain, and capable of handling the canyon carving trips we all need to take in our Bosses at times. Okay, so there are not any real big canyons in Nebraska, but there are some pretty darn good and fun roads just over the river from me in Iowa ( area called the Loess Hills ) .

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You have a little bit of range --- 305/30/19 for example and instead of 255/40/ 19 there is a 265/40/19 that is just a little bit taller. I am the wrong guy to answer this question, as my idea of OEM on Bosses or most Blue Ovals is that Ford never optimizes the size as much as they can. So I always like to move up in width and we all know by now that we can put wider meats under the Boss. So exact OEM sizes are not available , but heck the 275/35/90 would work on the front too. More tire, mo better, mo faster, and .....yep , mo money,ha.

Good reason , though, to call Tire Rack , and let Luke or one of the guys customize for each individual.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Definitely are more tires now and just another good reason to chat with Luke ( #4362) . Apparently there are some new revisions on some of these tires just around the corner and there are as I noted more sizes in the RE71Rs.

I am biased, as used this guy for track stuff for 18 years ( he autocrosses around 30+times a year ) , and he has seen all the movement over the years with various manufacturers. Was tickled to death to see TMO get with TireRack , all we have to do is mention, and Luke Pavlik is the guy with world's of experience and is a track rat. We all know there are plenty of good guys at many companies , but this guy is borderline wacko , as he keeps up on all the sticky stuff.

Best of luck.

Racerpilotalan said:
I was just on Tire Rack looking a set of OE size tires for my spare LS wheels.
What do some of y'all like for an all around street tire?
Don't forget to use the link above to purchase your tires and support TMO. :)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Flyboygsxr said:
Not sure if they make the correct size but look at Pilot Super Sports too, great all around tire.

Super Sports are available in OE Boss sizes. Really good for the street and great for rain day track tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors