The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Oem flat bottom steering wheel for a 2012 boss 302 mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gilbert Arizona
I'm new to the forum and am enjoying reading through all the posted information. I've owned my 2012 Boss 302 for 18 months now and one of the issues is getting in and out of the vehicle. My legs rub the bottom of the steering wheel. I have seen some after market wheels listed but everyone said that the trim doesn't fit correctly. Is there a direct fit OEM ford steering wheel that will fit and still allow my current steering wheel switch functions to operate?
Thanks ahead of time for letting me read through all the modifications your group has done to their vehicles.

Bay Area
I'm new to the forum and am enjoying reading through all the posted information. I've owned my 2012 Boss 302 for 18 months now and one of the issues is getting in and out of the vehicle. My legs rub the bottom of the steering wheel. I have seen some after market wheels listed but everyone said that the trim doesn't fit correctly. Is there a direct fit OEM ford steering wheel that will fit and still allow my current steering wheel switch functions to operate?
Thanks ahead of time for letting me read through all the modifications your group has done to their vehicles.

no, you will have to find an aftermarket wheel that can accept all your controls

The GT350 R wheel will fit, you will need to repin a few of the controls but I just finished up putting it in my 08. Oh and the new style 15+ connectors and 15+ airbag if you are using an airbag. I got the new connectors on ebay for $7.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Can you lower the driver seat a little, to give you a bit more room that way?

Lately I've been thinking that a lower seat height might be beneficial where pedal modulation is concerned, which might make for a second reason. After you get in, set the steering wheel such that the steering column axis would bisect a line through your shoulder joints.

Norm

The 350R wheel is actually bigger on the bottom, so it wouldn’t be any smaller. That’s why it fits the s197 swap, but is “flatter”. It extends downward more, then curves to the same point as the s197s.

I’ll take a picture of it with the original. I also put in factory recaros and lower them and have lots of clearance. But I still slide my seat back to get out

TMO Supporting Vendors