The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

OEM Rear Brake Cooling Duct

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Is anyone familiar with these rear brake cooling ducts? They attach to the LCAs and Kohr is stating that these are OEM on the GT500. I have never seen anything like this...

14694514474571205860086.jpg

Would be interested in a set of these but have no clue of the part number or if this is a custom piece that is mislabeled.

Hmm, I’m working on a project now and this would tie in nicely. The problem with the rears is lack of airflow. The diff cooler on the GT350 is not very effective because there is not enough air flowing through the cooler. On the race cars they moved the cooler to the front of the car. Other applications use fans.

They are not OEM on GT500's as far as I know (not on my '11...maybe on earlier model KR, as Grant stated), but I've heard of a few people running them. Only feedback I have read is they are very noisy. Not sure how effective they are.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
It's a super snake part....I don't think they are available anymore.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Ridiculous price point. That said, if someone actually buys the ePay set, the Kohr set could likely make someone a hefty profit.

Too bad about the brackets. Perhaps the turbulence at the rear keeps the rear brakes cool enough as I have not heard of anyone having rear brake heat issues.

TMO Supporting Vendors