The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

off road xpipe vs boss side exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a chance to sell my side exhaust to a off rode x pipe and a new axle back for just a couple of bucks. Do you think it will be louder in the cabin while driving? Like I know when I have my windows down in my car now I can hear it very well will having no side pipes and a off road xpipe and a axle back sound like that or will it be more of a observer sound?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Having just done this swap, it will be much louder on-throttle. While cruising it's just a nice burble, but louder than with the sidepipes. It is really loud on-throttle.

ArizonaGT said:
Having just done this swap, it will be much louder on-throttle. While cruising it's just a nice burble, but louder than with the sidepipes. It is really loud on-throttle.

I guess it is all relative, but when I am at the track, standing right next to the cars, the Boss race cars seem to be Priusly quiet. Seriously, they just sound like nothing. I guess it is just because most other race cars are so much louder. Obviously, the relativity changes on the street. Just an observation. I'm still stock, so maybe someday I will find out for myself.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have long tube headers and off road x-pipe and the side pipes(3/4" restrictors to cut down on the j-brake sound) with magna flow comp cat back and its sounds FREAKING AWESOME!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel