The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Oil Change Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Just ordered my valve, I bought the smaller sized form a funnel, I hope it's not going to make me wish I paid the extra 10 bux for the larger size...

I'm prob going to place my order tonight with the form-a-funnel.
I remember reading somewhere that fumoto provided a locking clip, was there an option to include the clip in the order from the amazon link?

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
ace72ace said:
Just ordered my valve, I bought the smaller sized form a funnel, I hope it's not going to make me wish I paid the extra 10 bux for the larger size...

I think the larger one is key...but let us know how it works out.

F.D. Sako said:
I'm prob going to place my order tonight with the form-a-funnel.
I remember reading somewhere that fumoto provided a locking clip, was there an option to include the clip in the order from the amazon link?
You have to buy the locking clip separately. You need a 5/8" wire hose clip -- picked mine up at a local auto store, you can see it in the photo. Probably not needed, as the Trans scoop provides pretty good protection from flying debris, but I figured better safe than sorry!

drano38

Wayne
So the wire hose clip in the pic is used to lock the lever, not to hold the hose on during draining?
I've been doing dealer oil changes, but if these things are secure and safe, I may start doing my own.

I've done about seventy five oil changes on my F250 using the Fumoto without incident! No special clip or retainer needed.

drano38 said:
So the wire hose clip in the pic is used to lock the lever, not to hold the hose on during draining?
I've been doing dealer oil changes, but if these things are secure and safe, I may start doing my own.
Yes, 3/8" plastic hose is a nice snug fit and doesn't need a clip.

The clip prevents accidental opening of the valve, and as others have said is probably overkill, especially if you have a Trans scoop (which also makes it more difficult to remove the clip!)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel