The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Oil change ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My 2013 only has 800 miles since bought new last dec.My question is,I won't put too many more miles on it before winter storage.Should I change the oil or wait till I have more mileage ? Does the oil break down over time ?

Pretty sure oil sludges up if you don't add a stabilizer to it, I would either add stabilizer or change it before you drive it in the spring.

I would change the oil before storing the car for the winter.

Oil should always be changed at least once per year regardless of mileage and it's best to store a car with fresh oil in the engine.

TMO Supporting Vendors