The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Oil Life Indicator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GB218

TMO Addict
Hi everybody,

How is the oil life actually calculated in the Boss? Is there an "oil" sensor?

I changed the oil & filter and reset the light last October. I put about 100 miles on it before storing it in my garage for the winter, that same month. I put an additional 150 miles on the oil this month, and the oil change indicator just came on {250 total miles}. The oil still looks clean on the dipstick.

When I changed it last October, it only had about 325 miles on it. I don't track the car.

Is this a normal timeframe/interval for the indicator?

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry for the original type-o. I just figured out how to correct it.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: Oil Life Indicatortb

orng302 said:
It's based on mileage and time so even if you don't drive it time still ticks.

+1.

I think it's 1 year or 10,000 miles? Pretty sure about the year, but not sure about the mileage as I change way before either.

I think there's an algorithm built into that reminder that predicts oil life based on mileage, use pattern and time. I don't believe there's an oil life specific sensor.

-Jeff

I believe ^ this as well. If I remember correctly it is based on time mileage and use. If you putt putt around it will last longer than if you drive "spiritly".

TMO Supporting Vendors