Oil pressure sensor advice

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by Ruby Red GT350, May 4, 2019.

1. Ruby Red GT350

Ruby Red GT350 TMO Beginner

All

I have a 2017 with about 8k miles on it. Thus far, no oil leaks or useage but I always make a point to check everything before I drive it- including the oil pressure sensor.

I have noticed that the reference lines are no longer aligned ( they were about 500 miles ago) and I believe the sensor is starting to back out (see picture)

I suspect that the dealer will tell me that unless it’s leaking they will not fix it and I would rather not wait until it starts leaking to take it in for repair.

I am thinking about removing it myself and reasealing it based on the service manual instructions (use the sealant, torque to 150 inch pounds and another 180* after that.

Should I leave well enough alone or fix this before it becomes an issue?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. strengthrehab

strengthrehab TMO Race

Mine backed out of my coyote. Sprayed oil over the underside of the car.

Fix it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS likes this.
  3. THX 138

THX 138 TMO Intermediate

What he said. Once it’s loose, it’s only going to get looser. There is a TSB for it... Unless your dealer is a jerk, they should be happy that you caught it before it actually started leaking oil. (And if your dealer really IS that much of a jerk, come on up to Indy and let my local dealer take care of it for you, just for the peace of mind.)

ArizonaBOSS likes this.
  4. steveespo

steveespo Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child Moderator

Fix it and use Permatex Seal and Lock. Locking thread sealant. Available through Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk