The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

OK Black LS Fans-Eat Your Hearts Out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
This is what my beast (whenever it arrives) will look like. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzXuIOKUb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MMD

Dvendet

Thanks Bob. With a little luck I might see it this weekend. I'm waiting to hear back from my dealear as to where the vehicle is. JMBBoss could not provide a recent update. His last update goes back to 5/7.

MMD

Dvendet

SUPRMN said:
Makes me want to think about trading my YB in for it!!
You don't want to do that Superman. I wonder if Ford offered a blue and red Boss to match your cape would you have gone with that color combo instead?

MMD

That looks great, my favorite color combo for 2013.

Dvendet

Yea...it looks OK...but it's going to look a lot nicer when I see lots of white smoke billowing from the back end.

MMD

Vermont
MMD - hope you're able to get some sleep before picking it up this weekend. I really like that color combo, wow factor is off the chart. I noticed when the camera guy was showing the sticker that he made a point not to show the MSRP. Pretty likely will markup way above that?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
CaliMR said:
I hope you mean from the tires

Ha! There was a student at Track Attack that totally smoked the clutch when the Launch Control was used. A call came over the instructors radios, "Is that tire smoke that I'm seeing..." LOL

Dvendet

7013Boss said:
MMD - hope you're able to get some sleep before picking it up this weekend. I really like that color combo, wow factor is off the chart. I noticed when the camera guy was showing the sticker that he made a point not to show the MSRP. Pretty likely will markup way above that?
Not necessarily. Unlike last year the market is showing more softness than last year. There are a ton of deals and I have heard of a number of MSRP deals. I am even seeing below MSRP deals for the base Boss. Buyers will get better deals as you get away from the major market areas like LA, New York, Philadelphia, etc. Just a few days ago I found a Black LS on a lot in Waldorf, MD for MSRP. So folks this year is the year to buy. I think some dealers still have new 12 Bosses for sale. You don't want to be shut out. I personally don't believe that Ford will reintroduce the Boss 351 as the market is just to soft.

MMD

MakeMyDay said:
This is what my beast (whenever it arrives) will look like. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzXuIOKUb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MMD

That is absolutely HOT. Amazing. If I would have went for an LS this color would have been it. Super cool!

I like the Shelby look but not on all the Mustangs, its just weird to me. I am pretty pissed about the dash and all the fetures the 2012 guys missed. I would love to have all that stuff to play with on the track.

How many times did that guy in the video say? - Ya just can't beat it.

Substantiates my earlier thinking: That the all-black with the grey striping is the coolest Boss 302 color going.

The machined and black-colored wheels really complement the car. I probably would've gone black with the 'regular' Boss 302 but alas, the color not available. I had to settle for the SBY. Nevertheless, I am still glad I waited for the 2013. Man, that's a beauty, a mean-lookin' SOB. MY date's mother would be leaving her daughter home that night.

TMO Supporting Vendors