The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ok here is what happened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The dealer I ordered my car with could not give me any information on the car at all, like the build quater. All I got was the Order Conf # and then it has been on Materail hold ever since. So I started looking around the area and found one for MSRP CO with Recaros. Its coming in next week. I just didn't want to wait for a 3Q or 4Q build if I didn't have to. I'll put pics up when it comes in. VIN 1ZVBP8CU6C5204923

This place has been the best sorce of info I have found so far. Thanks to all you guys for your help! OC

ORANGE CRUSH said:
My dealer I ordered my car with could not give me any information on the car at all, like the build quater. All I got was the Order Conf # and then it has been on Materail hold ever since. So I started looking around the area and found one for MSRP CO with Recaros. Its coming in next week. I just didn't want to wait for a 3Q or 4Q build if I didn't have to. I'll put pics up when it comes in. VIN 1ZVBP8CU6C5204923

This place has been the best sorce of info I have found so far. Thanks to all you guys for your help! OC
Welcome to Boss Mustangs Online. That is awesome, you're going to have a long week! You're going to love the color!

Ok my sales guy called me this morning and said the truck was there and off loading my car. So I went over to the dealer and there she was all rapped in plastic and full of yellow pollen. I told them to go ahead and PDI it and put the tent on. I will pick it up first thing in the morning. It had 5.9 miles on it when I put the key in it. Car number is # 199.

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Ok my sales guy called me this morning and said the truck was there and off loading my car. So I went over to the dealer and there she was all rapped in plastic and full of yellow pollen. I told them to go ahead and PDI it and put the tent on. I will pick it up first thing in the morning. It had 5.9 miles on it when I put the key in it. Car number is # 199.
Great congratulations. Where do you live?

I am going to pick up the BOSS in a couple of hours. I am in Houston Texas and my dealer is about an hour away in Conroe, TX. I'm not going to get on the freeway for the ride home I'm going to take the long way home on some winding roads... ;D. Can't wait. I will give you guys an update soon. I will try to upload some pics this weekend. I am not the best at puting pics up, sorry.

BossFred said:
Congrats :)
I have a feeling that you will not be the only one that had one on order and bought of the lot @ MSRP.

Yeah I feel very lucky that I was able to find one and not have to wait 6+ months for one to come in. Now I can enjoy the Texas summer. It is 67F degs here in Houston and alittle cloudy.

ORANGE CRUSH said:
I am going to pick up the BOSS in a couple of hours. I am in Houston Texas and my dealer is about an hour away in Conroe, TX. I'm not going to get on the freeway for the ride home I'm going to take the long way home on some winding roads... ;D. Can't wait. I will give you guys an update soon. I will try to upload some pics this weekend. I am not the best at puting pics up, sorry.
Houston? Make sure the AC works before leaving the lot. ;D Enjoy the drive home!

2012Boss said:
Gary
I agree with all, you must be getting some nice performance at those temps! I have gotten way better at shifting but still not there yet. I sat in a GT at the dealer and it seems that the shifter is different, not as close and leaves a little room for error. Second to third is much better for now but when running high RPM/speed I still have a tendency to force it and that just does not work out well. When you do hit it right the car is incredible, only problem is not wanting to sift to say at the high RPM's. I want to make a set of disc's and start with 1/2 holes. It is not over loud but would like to find a nice balance for me.

I am at 3/3 now and it feels comfortable, I can feel the road but it does not kill me over bumps. I want to get use to each setting before I change, I will get to 5 someday. Beside I need a magnifying glass to read it, dam eyes.
Ah this is Scott. I think drilling out the disc with a larger hole is going to be the way to go. Order another set from the dealer and drill away so you can save the originals.

ORANGE CRUSH said:

How was it?
Oh, I know - he's having too much fun driving to post ! Wish I had good driving weather...

Thanks Rick, posted this in the wrong thread. Mine are simple flat metal so I want to make a set I can destroy and not worry about, should not be too hard.

As far user name I use to use Boss30270 years ago on boss302.com, eBay and VEF. I changed my name on AFM to 2012Boss and other sites, wanted that at TMS but someone else (with one post) has that. Now I have a different name everywhere, should have tried to stay with Boss30270.

So I picked up the BOSS from the dealer today and had about an hour ride home on some decent roads. After I got home I took the wife and kid out for a ride and went down some better roads with more curves and yes I had to turn on the AC on because it got up to 80F today in Houston. The main thing I am going to compare it to, is my 04 Cobra that I have had for the pass 7 years and with 4 years of track duty.

First off is the looks, I happen to think it looks much better then the latter Mustangs. I like the color comb better with Ford using much more black then my CO Cobra. I really like the front grill, rims, tires, black out in the back, new mirrors, breaks, and splitter.

Second the interior – wow so much better than the 04. The fitment is unbelievable and everything seems to be much tighter. OMG the seats! I thought the Cobra seats where nice but these things are awesome. I never thought Ford would put Recaros in a Mustang. I went to start it up and when I pushed in the clutch I thought it was broken because it was so soft compared to the Cobra. The shifter was pretty impressive as well compared to my MGW. I don’t see how the after market could improve on it.

Checked out the spare tire and that was pretty cool with the pump and green slime.
Checked out the adjustable dampeners to what they were set on – 2 that was pretty cool too.
Checked out the oil cooler and tried to figure out how it was working. I love to see a flow diagram on that some day.

Now for the ride, I didn’t know how to act at first. I never drove a car without a throttle cable and it was a little different. I am used to driving a car with 500+ horse power so it seemed a little slow………at first! Once I got off the freeway and on to some back roads I got on it a little and man this thing came alive. It really kicked in over 5000RPM. It took me a while to get used to the shift points and clutch but at the end of the drive it felt great. I finally got into some corners and man this thing sticks. I got on it to see if it would break traction (traction control off) and the rear end planted, dug in and took off. I could not believe the traction on this thing, it is way better than the Cobra. It has to be the Torsen or the way Ford built the rear end but this thing just sticks.

The wife loved the seats and she commented on the road noise….to my supersize there was none, It was really quit inside. I just can’t believe the improvements Ford mead in 8 years. I may miss the big hit of the 584 HP of the Cobra but the ride, interior, exterior, and handling of the BOSS out weights the go fast stuff. Looking forward to taking out the side exhaust cut outs and installing the Track Key.

TMO Supporting Vendors