The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Old and new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I came out of Home Depot yesterday and this beautiful 'Bird was parked nose to nose with my Boss. It was remarkably close in color to the race red.

birdandboss_zpsa6e22729.jpg

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
After living with the FRP Boss wheels for a few weeks, I have to say these are what should have come on the car originally. They just go better with the stripes and looks of the car. I found this set on Craigslist for a really good price, and the installed Hankooks probably have another few thousand miles left on them.

Boy. that T bird looks huge..When they first came out in the mid 50's they were small.....Ford's answer to the new Chevy Corvette...But they morphed into something away from that by '59/'60....The retro comeback a few years ago didn't succeed as Ford had hoped....should have come with more HP...IMHO

Those wheels certainly do look good, would be interested to see a side shot if you have one. Keeping a watch on both craigs list and ebay but not seen anything good in my area yet.

SeattleBoss said:
After living with the FRPP Boss wheels for a few weeks, I have to say these are what should have come on the car originally. They just go better with the stripes and looks of the car.
I completely agree with this. 8)

My uncle had a 1959 T-Bird in turquoise and I always liked that car when I was a young kid.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Dazzerboy68 said:
Those wheels certainly do look good, would be interested to see a side shot if you have one. Keeping a watch on both craigs list and ebay but not seen anything good in my area yet.

E bay not needed, http://www.buyfordracing.com/2012-13-boss-302/
this is where I got mine.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I lucked out finding this set. A really nice young man had just purchased a 2011 GT with a bunch of aftermarket performance parts that the original owner included. He was looking to get rid of the rims to help finance the build and was able to pick up the wheels with a set of Hankooks installed for $550. Noted, the tires only have a few thousand miles left, but that should get me into summer before I need to replace them.

FRPrims_zps261640a4.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors