The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

old dead track tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 old racer

Too blessed to be stressed and old track whore,
Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
Here is a odd request. I would like to have some old dead track tires (stickies). I have three grand sons and they are in love with my old racing photos and the look of my garage. Anyway My wife turned me loose to decorating the bed room they use when they have sleep overs. So I am using old racing gear such as old driving suits, helmets and even a hood off my S2000 is going to make its way on a wall. So if anyone has a old set laying around I would be interested. You can drill a small hole in the sidewall to make sure they could never be aired up and used again. Anyway, donations are welcomed. It is for a selfish good cause so that i can be known as the coolest grand pa around

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
I am in SoCal. Thanks for the offer give me a couple of days to see what the shipping cost will be. Could you please private message your zip so I can get a shipping price. And once again thanks. My plan, as of right now it to make a lamp out of the stack.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
I've got two Pirelli's with your name on it if you're going (or willing to meet) at ACS on 10/3-4.
@CobarRed, @67GTA, @Ewheels, and @Chad Richardson are also local, but I think they've got 401k and life insurance policies and don't go any higher than 200TW.
PUSSIES

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Los Angeles
One issue with having tires indoors - they have a tendency to smell, and even with old tires they will leave black rings on paint and carpet due to the oils in them.

If your not in a hurry I'll have some Pirelli slicks in a month or so that will be end of life.

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
One issue with having tires indoors - they have a tendency to smell, and even with old tires they will leave black rings on paint and carpet due to the oils in them.

If your not in a hurry I'll have some Pirelli slicks in a month or so that will be end of life.
the smell and out gassing is something I am trying to figure out. I do have a couple of ideas and if one works I will pass it along.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
San Diego
1 Old Racer,

I will be in Fontana this weekend burning up a set of 285/35 Bridgestone RE-71s @ the AutoClub Speedway.

I do not want to under cut anyone that has already made shipping plans with you but we will be staying in Ontario. If you want to meet me Friday evening at my hotel, I can bring a full set of used tires but I need to lock this down before hauling them north as I do not have a truck....they will travel in my wife's car. Let me know if this will help but again, I do not want to disturb any plans currently in place with fellow racers.

Dennis DiLucente

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
I willbe glad to pick them up from you on Friday evening.i will be picking up two on saturday from somone else. I think that willbe alli need.i have a few ideas on how to solve the smell and other outgassing issues that could be unpleasant ina childs overnight room and when I am successful I will post the results.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
San Diego
Please give me a call today 858.805.5204 so we may firm things up as I will have to make a few logistical arrangements. Also to confirm these are four (4) RE-71s tires with some tread left on them.

We will be staying at the Element Hotel:
900 Via Piemonte, Ontario, CA 91764-6595

Look forward to your call.

Dennis D

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
I would like to thank Dennis DiLucente and Paddy Prix for going out of their way to getting me off to a great start on my Grandsons' over night room. I have already started trying to solve the out gassing problem with the tires by cleaning one inside and out with acetone and now I am coating it in polyurethane. I will be using a old Honda s2000 nose and fenders to make up the foot board and sides of a full size bed. I even found a few old racing flags from ebay. I will post some photos of the finished product. Once again thanks guys

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
well attempt number one failed. I cleaned the inside and out with acetone and after coming down for my buzz and letting the tire air out for two days , I placed the tire in the soon to be remodeled room and shout the door. Almost 48 hours later I opened the door to the room and to my disappointment the room was filled with tire smell. Well coating the tire with something tomorrow will be done.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
If you're ever up at Thunderhill, Jeremy at DIG Motorsports has a number of dead tires laying around I'm sure he'd love to give away.

1 old racer

Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
ok guys, tried several different to remove the rubber smell from the tires. thought had it but I let the room get up to about 80 deg. and the rubber smell came back. Any ideas?

TMO Supporting Vendors