The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Old Henry was right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some ole fashioned tech mixed in with the new may just be the way ahead
Very true!!!!....A combination of old school and new technology might be the answer to our energy and environmental concerns......Refine some old ideas and tweak some new ones and we may be on to something here............................I hope...............................1670603253576.png

There absolutely is a place for EVs,but it has to be planned for and the technology developed this " no more gas stations,no more ICE mantra" doesn't work for me, let's see how California pulls it off first, since they've jumped into the green new deal head first. Rolling brown outs and all.
I'm unwilling to put my lips around the exhaust pipe just because the current regime says I should, I'll let the market decide.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Like I said earlier, the government has put demand (artificial) well before supply. I assume they hoped industry would pull another rabbit out of the hat. It may happen, time will tell. Too many systems need attention and with a declining economy, this will be a struggle.
Nature’s system for removing carbon was been degraded. I would like to see a bit more work on returning the vegetation, forests, rain forests etc, along with decreasing the production of carbon. A modern version of the CCC could be helpful.

Busy processing new information..

View attachment 81823

Don't stop.

"Statistics compiled by AutoInsuranceEZ found that for every 100,000 EVs, there are about 25 fires each year. That compares to 1,530 car fires in the same number of gas-powered vehicles annually."

I know NFIRS, any alarm turned in as a car fire is a car fire, no matter if it's mechanical failure, fire bombed or whatever, IMO there should be a much larger gap since the EVs are so new you can take maintenance almost completely out of the equation., you're comparing a 12 year old F150 like mine with 200K miles on it to a virtually new car.
I had 5 car fires in one night,all stolen.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
The problem i see with electric vehicles is the limitation of the driving range and the time needed to recharge the batteries back up. Here in Australia we are a large country where it takes you 9hrs (560Miles) to travel from one capital city to another and with the current EV car range there is no car on the market that can do it in 1 trip.

Lots of people here also love to travel and tow their RV behind which some could be as long as 24", i am one of them when we go on holidays and travel and explore this country. Some use American pick up trucks and plenty use Landcruiser to tow their RV.
I use a Landcruiser that is 4.5L V8 twin turbo Diesel and im getting an average 5.8gl - 6.3gl per 62miles towing my RV or my racecar trailer to the track. So if i use F150 Lightning to travel to racetrack which is 7hrs away from my home it would take me 2 days to get there.

So i would have to say that the great usability and practicality that will suit everyones application of Electric vehicle is not in near future at all, and is some what actually far away from being available. Same can be said about the re charging infostructure.

TMO Supporting Vendors